Incredibly beautiful area in Ontario

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
I had always assumed that Ontario was an OK place but nothing outstanding to look at until today. Took a load to Sudbury and the trip from Barrie northward was a real head turner. Multicolored layers of undulating granite, deep rock cuts with rippling rivers through them, sheer bluffs and shimmering lakes with jutting rock islands. Just a lot of nature and sparse humanity. Absolutely beautiful. If you ever go that way take a camera and enjoy.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had always assumed that Ontario was an OK place but nothing outstanding to look at until today. Took a load to Sudbury and the trip from Barrie northward was a real head turner. Multicolored layers of undulating granite, deep rock cuts with rippling rivers through them, sheer bluffs and shimmering lakes with jutting rock islands. Just a lot of nature and sparse humanity. Absolutely beautiful. If you ever go that way take a camera and enjoy.

Spent a week fishing up there once a long time ago. It was a great time. Fishing was good, not any better than at home, just better surroundings. It was a fly in/boat in place called the French River Lodge.

There is, or at least there was, a Canadian intell site in Sudbury. I used to work with several Canadians who called that site, "home". Good guys.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Took Hwy 7 to Ottawa, instead of the 401 to 416. Nice calm drive. Yes, there were some towns, but it's great to take the back roads once in awhile, just to slow down and enjoy the view.