Inconsiderate van parking-why?

guido4475

Not a Member
I noticed at the Pilot in Syracuse 3 vans parked right in front of the building all night long.2 more at the J in Corfu.If they were handicapped, I understand.If it was a short term thing, I understand.But to make it a camping spot all day and night is just plain rude and inconsiderate.This kind of behavior is what will eventually make us not being allowed to park up front at all.Please, park in the perimiter of the lot.

Of course, then there's the time not too long ago I watched an expeditor change his oil right in the middle of the restaurant parking lot in Laredo...Plainly visible from all the restaurant windows. Nice, real nice..

C'mon people, use some common sense and respect here.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I noticed at the Pilot in Syracuse 3 vans parked right in front of the building all night long.2 more at the J in Corfu.If they were handicapped, I understand.If it was a short term thing, I understand.But to make it a camping spot all day and night is just plain rude and inconsiderate.This kind of behavior is what will eventually make us not being allowed to park up front at all.Please, park in the perimiter of the lot.

Of course, then there's the time not too long ago I watched an expeditor change his oil right in the middle of the restaurant parking lot in Laredo...Plainly visible from all the restaurant windows. Nice, real nice..

Yup..seen the same thing in Tulsa at the J...

They have NO Entitlement to park in front of Dennys...The Dennys manager could have you turfed out...

Maybe they think they are entitled to a better parking spot because they buy their fuel there and don't like the spots offered? gee whiz...think shower head....

Last edited:

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

I think that's what started the problem about C/V parking in the Flying J lot's last year. Your 100% right about some operators, IT'S ALL ABOUT ME. It's a new world we live in. Wasn't to many years ago Trucking was an honorable profession.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just park at the fuel pumps out front. Gets a little noisy trying to sleep when the bars let out but it is less driving after you fuel up.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not only are these people inconsiderate, they are also idiots! Like Xiggy facetiously pointed out: "Gets a little noisy trying to sleep when the bars let out.." Why park and try to sleep where the most noise is generated. Cars coming and going, doors slamming, stereos thumping, crappy music and shower announcements blasting over the PA.

I like Flying J because most have a large car lot, uh they all have large car lots. They cater to large cars. I got, most have spacious parking areas for cars. Yeah, that sounds better, spacious parking areas. Save the perimeter or back corner for me. Same with Wally World.

guido4475

Not a Member
I wonder if someone parks next to me and their exaust fumes come into my space..are they stealing my fresh air??/ lol...

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
We stay out of the line of traffic. That's for our peace and quiet. We do our best not to park window to window, our privacy and the expediter parked next to us; although last month in Laredo, that was pretty tough. We like to hang out in the back corners when possible. In those towns where the J's, T/A's etal are non-existent or Lot Lizzardy, we will opt for Wally World. We always check Wally World for semis or other vans camped out; hate being run out of a parking lot at 2 AM and having to relocate to Home Depot (Austin, TX).

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Wal mart is 1st choice.....darn near every town has a wally worl d....what I hate @ ts are loud generators ....don't they anoy the person they belong too?? If it anoys me 2 spaces away...

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
I don't sleep at truck stops, period. Matter of preference. I usually go to rest areas or vista points.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't like the truck stop thing either..except when I need to shower and a place to change the shower head to MY liking...:D

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
there are at least over 30 vans,at the J in Laredo right now,,not counting the bobtail trucks out by the fuel pump area it is full here, yep some are in front of Denny's, but if Denny's went out of business I don't care. Why am I hear,,the super wally world is 12 miles out,,I'm getting lazy, so I'm fraternizing with the enlisted people, the Russians are here, Bosnians, Poles , chcks, tourist, and so on,,its an social event at truck stops, lets me know I'm not so weird after all,,,lolIMHO, Oh,,here comes the train,, 7 whistle pulls,,,and u cant sleep,,wonder why.......PS,,,Vietnam was noisy too,,,no whining.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
there are at least over 30 vans,at the J in Laredo right now,,not counting the bobtail trucks out by the fuel pump area it is full here, yep some are in front of Denny's, but if Denny's went out of business I don't care. Why am I hear,,the super wally world is 12 miles out,,I'm getting lazy, so I'm fraternizing with the enlisted people, the Russians are here, Bosnians, Poles , chcks, tourist, and so on,,its an social event at truck stops, lets me know I'm not so weird after all,,,lolIMHO, Oh,,here comes the train,, 7 whistle pulls,,,and u cant sleep,,wonder why.......PS,,,Vietnam was noisy too,,,no whining.

You were there Sat? I was there and seen a snot load of vans and got a load 2 hours later....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Maybe lay down some new lines so you have a bigger parking spot if ya don't like they way they are now....:rolleyes: