Income taxes... yippee

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Some of you knew that my good friend who was also my CPA died in February. I bought software and started my taxes on my own. Fortunately before finishing them I learned of John Turner from friends in expediting. Mr. Turner is a CPA who happens to be here in Houston and has a specialty of trucking. His website is www.truckcpa.com and he's very good. I'm about $2000 ahead of where my efforts were putting me and I have someone whose face I know and can count on again. I doubt he'll become as great a friend as Don was but who knows what time will bring. In the here and now I can say he's definitely good with truck taxes and will be helping me until one of us retires.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Leo! You had the same reaction we did and I hate to say this but so far he has saved us almost 15,000 dollars for this year. I have talked with his son Johnny and also John I believe they run a top notch operation. I also believe they will work with you on what ever level you are comfortable with. This year out estimated taxes will be going down considerably and our goal and their goal is at the end of the year we are even with the IRS. NO REFUNDS!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
>This year out estimated taxes will be
>going down considerably and our goal and their goal is at
>the end of the year we are even with the IRS. NO REFUNDS!

This should be everyone's goal. Unfortunately many people think a large refund is like winning the lottery. They don't understand that it is their money they are getting back.

When I worked a regular job with steady income our goal was to have no refund or pay some on April 15th. We were able to fine tune things and always came close. Now that my income and deductions vary it is more difficult to achieve that magic number. When my 3rd quarter estimated tax payment comes due in September, I try to figure out how the year has gone so far. Then I may reduce my payment or skip it.