Canada I'm going nuts here

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle, in my opinion you should be writing the service manuals, the backs of the bottles, and the website for Mercedes, that post couldn't have been more clear, thank you.
Thanks. I learned all of that from ridiculously long Internet searches. :D

Well, that and talking with Sprinter technicians and experts, emails over the years from MB in the US and Germany, and from oil experts who know how oil is manufactured and what all the numbers mean and what the different levels of this or that in the oil will do and why they're in there at those levels.

When I first got my Sprinter I was absolutely sure I knew everything I needed to know with regard to proper maintenance. I remember I was all set to replace a quart of oil with an unnamed brand of oil additive (that has a football stadium in Indianapolis named after it, and the county surrounding Toledo has the same name) like you normally would do with any diesel engine. I causally mentioned that to a Sprinter mechanic and he looked at me in horror and said, "You don't want to put that in a Sprinter engine." I asked why, and near the end of his lecture it was the first time I heard the phrase, "Stick to The List. Always Stick to The List." :D

That's when I decided to throw everything I knew about maintenance out the window and learn everything I could about the Sprinter.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Turtle should start a thread titled, "IMO, Turtle"
His posts. Just from countless hours of research and conversations.
I think enough Sprinter owners would LOVE to get guidance and NOT have to wade through years of crap trying to keep their "princess" rolling.
Just saying.
Take it to a vote?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Walmart had 1 jug left :mad: but I've seen that before, cleared the shelf and dived in, nothing but my feet sticking out...sure enough, 1 dusty jug deep down :)
European Car Formula 0w40 12.48 Canukian $ a quart, Shell 134 from Kenworth 6.19 by the case

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Just so you know, you can also buy Shell ATF on Amazon. $14.56 a quart. But, it's free shipping. :D

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mobil oil: Napa Auto Parts has Mobil on sale every 3 months or so for $5.99 a qt. When it goes on sale, I simply stock up.
Trans fluid: Shell distributor

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks...with the oil price Can dollar rises, makes it better to buy over there, i'll watch for sales

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Walmart has the gallon jugs = to 5Qts....for 25.99 to 27.99

Americans think there is 5 qts in a gallon for some reason.....LMAO

but we all know...

how_many_quarts_in_a_gallon.png

Reactions: skyraider

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Walmart has the gallon jugs = to 5Qts....for 25.99 to 27.99

Americans think there is 5 qts in a gallon for some reason.....LMAO
Those aren't gallon jugs. No one thinks they are gallon jugs. They're 1.25 gallon jugs. And if you notice, they are sold in 4.73 liter jugs. :D

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Sort of like an old time algebra problem,,,remember these: 2 trains leave Detroit 75 minutes apart and reach 88 ft per second 5 miles out of the station. The first train accelerates to 90 ft per second after the 75 minutes. If the second train accelerates to 100mph after its 75 minutes are up , how soon will it catch the first train if the first train stops at the 90 minute mark for coal....old school here. There will be a grand prize of a two night stay in Laredo for the winner,,,at the J.

Reactions: brokcanadian

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Canada sells 4.4 l jugs...just like everything at the grocery store comes in smaller packages now...

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sort of like an old time algebra problem,,,remember these: 2 trains leave Detroit 75 minutes apart and reach 88 ft per second 5 miles out of the station. The first train accelerates to 90 ft per second after the 75 minutes. If the second train accelerates to 100mph after its 75 minutes are up , how soon will it catch the first train if the first train stops at the 90 minute mark for coal....old school here. There will be a grand prize of a two night stay in Laredo for the winner,,,at the J.
No thanks just left Laredo and don't plan on returning.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I don't think I ever got a single one of these right.