If you use PrePass

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Does this mean 70% transmittance from the inside our
outside of the window?
Huh?

It means, if the light that would pass through an untinted window is considered to be 100%, then that amount of light cannot be reduced my more than 30% by a tint. The light that passes through the tinted window must me at least 70% of the original light.

A tint will generally reduce the amount of light passing through it in both directions, so inside or outside doesn't matter with most tints. But in any case, the way the regulations are written (light at normal incidence) it must be at least 70% in both directions.

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone but me have a problem seeing the green or red lights on the pre pass?

My windshield angles in such a way that the prepass is not close to vertical. Also it seems that I am amost always running into the sun when I need to see the light.

I have put a cardboard frame around the edges and that helps but someone has to have a better idea.

moose

Veteran Expediter
its also have a beeping sound .
green = bip___bip___bip___bip___bip
it will then flash 98 times.

red= bipbipbipbipbip___bipbipbipbipbip___bipbipbipbipbip
it will then flash 48 times.

you might need to replace the AA battery .
there is a test button. use it.

Good-morning
Moose.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I cant imagine anyone sitting in the jump seat when they are supposed to be in the sleeper (*wink*wink*) but to counter this problem I installed a POI file in my garmin giving me audio and visual alerts 3.5 miles before I hit a weigh station. This way should the time come when I might find myself or my codriver in that seat none of us sit in it will be empty by the time a camera is peeking in on us. ;)
That won't do you much good with DOT parked in the median selecting trucks for roadside checks .

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
While we're talking about codrivers being INside the sleeper while the other team member is driving.. I was wondering.. are sleeper beds equipped with seatbelts? If not, is it legal to be in a driving vehicle without a seatbelt on?
I know I see RVs driving down the highways with people moving about in the back, or sitting at a table playing cards, so I was always curious how the rules didn't apply to them.

moose

Veteran Expediter
While we're talking about codrivers being INside the sleeper while the other team member is driving.. I was wondering.. are sleeper beds equipped with seatbelts? If not, is it legal to be in a driving vehicle without a seatbelt on?
I know I see RVs driving down the highways with people moving about in the back, or sitting at a table playing cards, so I was always curious how the rules didn't apply to them.

do a search under "safty net"
this issue was on this forum about a month ago.

M.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
One month.. Three months.. all the same..
Anyway, found it, thank you..
Ours doesn't have one, but then who would've thought we'd do some teaming with a little coffin bunk? :cool:
When I was having a leisurely nap one time while the truck was rollin down the highway, it made me wonder about the seatbelt thing.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
All trucks have a form of seat belt in the sleeper compartment,but if you have upper and lower bunks,the upper may not get one,as your not suppose to be in the upper while the truck is in motion.

late4dinner

Seasoned Expediter
its also have a beeping sound .
green = bip___bip___bip___bip___bip
it will then flash 98 times.

red= bipbipbipbipbip___bipbipbipbipbip___bipbipbipbipbip
it will then flash 48 times.

you might need to replace the AA battery .
there is a test button. use it.

Good-morning
Moose.

I can sometimes hear the sound it makes but the volumn is so low that if the radio is on or the wend is blowing I cannot hear it. As far as replacing the batteries, mine don't have replacable batteries. Also mine don't have a test button.

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
That won't do you much good with DOT parked in the median selecting trucks for roadside checks .

No system is perfect but my alerts better the chances alot. We dont ride up front much but the times we do I find the alerts worth having. It is also good to get your attention to avoid those times you just didnt notice the sign saying open or closed
(come on guys and gals we all miss the sign fromtime to time)

For those looking for POI files for your GPS and Streets and trips I posted them here:
http://www.expeditersonline.com/forum/tech-shop/33271-custom-pois-garmin-magellen-tomtom.html

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter
We have the seat belts in our sleeper. At 1st I didn't fasten
them but one day we put on brakes a little hard and I was
standing up. Kinda stumbled around so I decided I would
start fastening the seat belts. Anytime I go to the sleeper
I am buckled in (while sleeping) I try to make sure my
husband is buckled but sometimes he sneaks in without it.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Ive been in many Dot checks over the years,I have never had an officer say anything about my co driver while they were in the bunk asleep,Ive had them ask for a their log book,and as long as they were asleep,thats about it.I was stopped in california,co was in front seat,still didnt ask for his book,but as far as being in front seat,I got a ticket for no seat belt while driving,and cop tried to get my co driver too,but he had his on,it was hard to prove,but he let him go