If you find yourself in ghetto downtown Detroit..

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
I delivered this morning on Concord Street in Detroit. You will know that you are there when you see a whole bunch of buildings that look like they have been bombed. Anyway, if you turn left off of Concord, and pass over the railroad tracks, you will see a lit up building on the right hand side, with trains hanging out of the old run down building. This is where they are filming scenes for Transformers 3. You can't really see any of it unless it is daytime, and I don't recommend going down there at nighttime, but it is quite a sight to see.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What part of Detroit "isn't" a ghetto!?!? :) I"m just sayin :)

They pick Detroit to do these kinds of movies because there is less "set work" to do. The entire city is a mess, looks like a war hit. Glad we don't have to go into that place often.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
What part of Detroit "isn't" a ghetto!?!? :) I"m just sayin :)

They pick Detroit to do these kinds of movies because there is less "set work" to do. The entire city is a mess, looks like a war hit. Glad we don't have to go into that place often.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Steven Spielburg is also filming a movie near Wheeling, WV right now called Aliens or something like that...thought it was cool since they are filming 45 min from where I live in Salem, Ohio

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Well, I guess the city of Detroit told the producers that if they wanted to blow up buildings, that Detroit is the place to be, because there are so many of them, and it saves Detroit money by not having to do it themselves. It is really cool. And, when I say ghetto, I mean ghetto. I was scared to even get out of the truck to open the doors. I needed an automatic door opener. When we backed into the dock, the dock next to us was literally caving in, 187 written all over the walls, omg, it was interesting.

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
Steven Spielburg is also filming a movie near Wheeling, WV right now called Aliens or something like that...thought it was cool since they are filming 45 min from where I live in Salem, Ohio

That is really cool. My not-so-better half is originally from Chillicothe, Ohio.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, I guess the city of Detroit told the producers that if they wanted to blow up buildings, that Detroit is the place to be, because there are so many of them, and it saves Detroit money by not having to do it themselves. It is really cool. And, when I say ghetto, I mean ghetto. I was scared to even get out of the truck to open the doors. I needed an automatic door opener. When we backed into the dock, the dock next to us was literally caving in, 187 written all over the walls, omg, it was interesting.

Detroit needs to be torn down and started over. The are NO other options left. It is amazing to see what has happened in such a short amount of time. Most of the decline has occurred in my life time. How sad. They did, however, ask for this.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well if you delivered on Concord, you were near Packard which at one time was being used and the city fought to tear it down. That area along grand blvd was really nice at one time.

ALSO that area isn't bad as some up Van :censoredsign: and Gratiot.

the 187 crap has been going on since they announced. I got caught in a middle of a shoot for D187 right around the corner from Mt Elliot and 94 and I was p*ssed off because it wasn't what you would call a polite stop. They made me wait until Imperiori took three of four takes before he would allow anyone to move.

Detroit has a lot still left over to make it a real city. They first have to step back from the idea that the 'burbs are out to get them and also take some pride in what they own.

Angil82

Seasoned Expediter
The guy at the place I dropped off at said that the building that they were using was the old Packard plant. I don't know much about it. I am a country girl from Connecticut, who has seen ghetto. I feel safe in Bridgeport, Boston, Hartford, Columbus, all those places, but I did not feel safe over there.. It was creepy and eerie all at the same time. I didn't like it whatsoever and would not go around those parts trick-or-treating.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
The east side is worse than the west side, but downtown is the safest in the area.

The show films a lot in the new center area (an attempt at a revival in the 70's), and on the east side.

I worked in Detroit in areas cops would not go in and never had a problem but in Memphis, been robbed once, had my cab busted into and the box while I was sitting in the truck. I think Memphis is like Neuvo Laredo as far as I'm concern.