If even the badge lickers defend thus, America is dead

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
"The problem as I see it is, the broad across the board assertion that the police are the root of all problems."

No, Obama is the root of all evil. He just CONTROLS the police.

Sorry, not going to bite on this. The hatred of LEO by certain EO members has been evident long before Obummer.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I don't think anybody ever denied that there are problems with a select few LEO. The problem as I see it is, the broad across the board assertion that the police are the root of all problems.
The militarization of the police is the symptom, the symptom of the problem of government loosed from the moorings of the constitutional mandate of limited government.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For the most part (and I have a tough time saying it), I'm with Monger on this deal.

One of the benchmarks of any law enforcement agency's use of force policy should be something along the lines of a one-plus-one theory, which usually starts out with verbal or visual identification of an authority figure (meaning the announcement of "Police" or simply the display of a uniform and/or badge. Initially, those things did not exist in that poor woman's place, and the boyfriend is a hero for de-escalation. The Marshal, who swore an oath (some blabber about this constitution thingy) is sticking hard and fast to his guns that his stick/squad did everything by the number. Common egotistical cop response - assert your wrongness with even more conviction. The Marshal is lucky to be alive. That whole natural selection law thing skipped him over that night.

I'm not a LEO hater. I have several friends in LE that I either grew up with, or did LE work in the USAF with. That said, though, I'm not a badge licker either. Some of what I see or know about from LEO's is pure ego, and the escalation in militarization of our local PD's scares the snot out of me.
Considering the following quotation from the US Constitution, this couple is hopefully in the process of securing a good attorney, and there are probably several in the Sarasota area that would be happy to represent them. There is no reason the public should have to tolerate the abuses of a police state, or fools like this Federal Marshall Wiggins. Maybe there will be some follow-up by the press on the course of action these victims take.

AMENDMENT IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
" and the escalation in militarization of our local PD's scares the snot out of me."

As well it should. Couple that with the ongoing assault on our ability to defend ourselves, to own and carry firearms, and the is MORE than ample reason to be concerned about our freedom. It is all connected and deliberate.

Did you notice how the left went from being okay with guns only for defense, and now they're attacking the notion of self-defense?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Did you notice how the left went from being okay with guns only for defense, and now they're attacking the notion of self-defense?

I have spent 20 years fighting against what is going on here. Nothing the "left" does surprises me.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Too much information!

Rarely do I miss with a rifle, muzzle loader or slug gun. I can't even remember the last time I missed a deer, maybe 15 years ago? :confused:

Ducks I hit at about a 75% rate. Wish I had more time on the skeet range to get that number up. Pheasants about 95%. Quail we won't talk about. :(

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Quail we won't talk about. :(

dan-quayle.jpg

Last edited: