Identifying the best boards to go to.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
My biggest challenge as I first got into expediting was trying to find the hot freight zones. When I first started driving for Panther I decided to drive for a fleet owner. Elliott IV out of Kankakee. Nice guy to drive for and was patient w/ me. He may (or may not) be one of the highest paying fleet owners with Panther out there but he will make sure that you are paid every week. The first problem I had was using my macro 8 and identifying the boards and which boards were hot. Are there any tips out there that ya'll can share with the newbies here that would help them identify hot freight areas. It really sucks going into an area ie..like Grand Rapids, MI that does a bunch of loads a day and you sit there from Friday to Monday being 1st out (not a manual first out either) so I couldn't move my van. <<happened to me once.>> The only tip I can give is to call dispatch at least once a day and ask them where they have noticed freight moving out of.

ShawnF

bamamule

Seasoned Expediter
with panther iv'e found out let the bs go and he rest will fall in place
try to stay away from the pack and hot places and you move more freight
if i pull into a TS any a bunch a expiderters are thar time for me to go
always do a favor or two they will come back may take the csr a month or to but it pays off
happy new years early
:+

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Mule, is that you typ'in??? Don't sound like ya. When did you get it figgured out?? Kinda lucrative when you scratch some backs, isn't it??

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I see you're hitting it a LOT, mule!

-A bore is a person who opens his mouth and puts his feats in it. - Henry Ford

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Nah, wasn't in the sauce yet when I posed those questions Mule. But, your answers could certainly help other folks that are having difficulty. Soooo....

Just where and when did you see the light, being back with a formerly despised Carrier, and now enjoying success?? Or, what did really change? Many may be waiting to know how to make this work.

jwc

Seasoned Expediter
making pp work is flipping a quarter on what to do
educating your self on were to go depends on time of year it is
but giving up my system i'm not
learn by hard knocks
but compared to outher companys pp is better
there are less nose pickers at pp
and thats why i moved back
formaly bamamule
jwc