I need tax help

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Im a big dummy when it comes to taxes. It blows my mind when I try to figure it all out. I started using mygauges fuel gauges to track fuel & mpg and they offer a business and tax service called profitguages I considered trying its a accounting service for O/O's . Also considering giving ATBS a call and see if I can set up a program where I can send in my quarterly statements for filling and other tax help.

Anyone ever try ATBS or profit gauges?

Or anyone suggest any other programs out there. My aunt does taxes works for one of the big chain but she doesnt much when it comes to IC and O/O taxes.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chris, I would recommend you find a local tax accountant that is familiar with small businesses. You are running a cargo van aren't you? The price paid for a good tax accountant is money well spent and a tax deduction. Find a method for keeping track of mileage a receipts that works for you. Frank has a downloadable form somewhere on the forum.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I would say 100% - you want to use someone who works with drivers, expediters and owner operators. A local guy would not have that experience.

guido4475

Not a Member
Im a big dummy when it comes to taxes. It blows my mind when I try to figure it all out. I started using mygauges fuel gauges to track fuel & mpg and they offer a business and tax service called profitguages I considered trying its a accounting service for O/O's . Also considering giving ATBS a call and see if I can set up a program where I can send in my quarterly statements for filling and other tax help.

Anyone ever try ATBS or profit gauges?

Or anyone suggest any other programs out there. My aunt does taxes works for one of the big chain but she doesnt much when it comes to IC and O/O taxes.

Chris, I sent you a P.M.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi all,

There are lot of tax Preparation companies that say they do truckers taxes, but 85% actuall do not know the trucking industry.

I cannot downgrade any tax company but I have cleints who use to use the couple that you are saying.

I have about 25 Truck drivers who use to use some of them and have switched away and I have been doing there Taxes and bookkeeping

Some companies that you send the reciepts to you will not see again until after your tax return is completed and paid for.,

If you need a reciept for a guaranted repair, you might get it in 3-4 weeks. and could be as long as a month later or more.

I myself have been doing tax preparation for over 35 years, and drove a truck as a Company Driver and Owner Operator from 1995 to 2005 until I got hurt on the truck and could not return to trucking.

I have available to you Deductions listing, expense sheets that can be used monthly, and other information that i can attach to your email, or you can pick the information up at the Expo on July 27, and 28 in wilmington, OH,
I have a booth there with information and can talk to you personally, its Booth # 128-

If you are available, Please visit out booth,
Thank YOU

Frank’s Tax and Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086-3151
(704) 739-4039 Fax: (704) 739-3934
e-mail: [email protected]
Web Site: File Your Return Online
Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB,

Providing Professional Accounting, Bookkeeping, Payroll and Income Tax Preparation Services

Circular 230 Disclaimer – Any tax advice in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding related

penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax
related matters addressed herein.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi all,

There are lot of tax Preparation companies that say they do truckers taxes, but 85% actuall do not know the trucking industry.

I cannot downgrade any tax company but I have cleints who use to use the couple that you are saying.

I have about 25 Truck drivers who use to use some of them and have switched away and I have been doing there Taxes and bookkeeping

Some companies that you send the reciepts to you will not see again until after your tax return is completed and paid for.,

If you need a reciept for a guaranted repair, you might get it in 3-4 weeks. and could be as long as a month later or more.

I myself have been doing tax preparation for over 35 years, and drove a truck as a Company Driver and Owner Operator from 1995 to 2005 until I got hurt on the truck and could not return to trucking.

I have available to you Deductions listing, expense sheets that can be used monthly, and other information that i can attach to your email, or you can pick the information up at the Expo on July 27, and 28 in wilmington, OH,
I have a booth there with information and can talk to you personally, its Booth # 128-

If you are available, Please visit out booth,
Thank YOU

Frank’s Tax and Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC28086-3151
(704) 739-4039 Fax: (704) 739-3934
e-mail: [email protected]
Web Site: File Your Return Online
Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB,

Providing Professional Accounting, Bookkeeping, Payroll and Income Tax Preparation Services

Circular 230 Disclaimer – Any tax advice in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding related

penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax
related matters addressed herein.