I found it! Good Jerky!

Monty

Expert Expediter
Was fueling here by Dallas, this place sells "Texas Best Smokehouse" jerky ... and it is perfect!

That Jack Links stuff is trash .... this is the kind of jerky you have to gnaw on for awhile before you can swallow it .... I got the "salt and pepper" version ... man, it's good!

They don't have a website, but there are several locations in east Texas, and I guess the main place is in Italy, Tx

yum, yum .. let's chew!

First Class Truck Stop: Texas Best Smokehouse - YouTube

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The best jerky that I have ever had can be found here:Home

McDonald's Meats is located in Clear Lake, Minnesota, about 4 miles north of the Clearwater Truck Plaza on MN 24.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The best jerky that I have ever had can be found here:Home

McDonald's Meats is located in Clear Lake, Minnesota, about 4 miles north of the Clearwater Truck Plaza on MN 24.

Yeah well the best Chinese food I ever had was in the west of Ireland..

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Was fueling here by Dallas, this place sells "Texas Best Smokehouse" jerky ... and it is perfect!

That Jack Links stuff is trash .... this is the kind of jerky you have to gnaw on for awhile before you can swallow it .... I got the "salt and pepper" version ... man, it's good!

They don't have a website, but there are several locations in east Texas, and I guess the main place is in Italy, Tx

yum, yum .. let's chew!

First Class Truck Stop: Texas Best Smokehouse - YouTube

Yep.....

I go to the one down in Italy every couple of months or so and get 1/2 a lb of this, 1/2 a lb that, and so on. Next time you're in a Texas Best, look down their Hot Sauce aisle too. Lots of Hot Sauces from locally made vendors that restaurants and store bought sauce just can't touch.

Do Not, and I repeat, DO NOT try their "Habanero" Jerky. We got a 1/4 lb of that one day. The guy behind the "Jerky Deli" counter asked 3 times, "Are You Sure?????" Told 'em Yeah, I like Hot Stuff. Well, about 5 minutes later as we were going down the highway heading home, I had to pull over for few minutes cause I coughing so bad!! It took my Breath Away!!!

I actually like Great Value brand at walmart.....

Once you Try some "REAL" Beef Jerky sold to you from a Deli Style counter where you can buy a Pound, 1/2 pound, etc, you'll never buy "Processed Packaged Beef Jerky" again! :)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Once you Try some "REAL" Beef Jerky sold to you from a Deli Style counter where you can buy a Pound, 1/2 pound, etc, you'll never buy "Processed Packaged Beef Jerky" again! :)

One should never use jerky and pound in the same sentence. :eek:
:eek:
:eek:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I carry a few bags when I am driving, very healthy snack.

Healthy indeed! I love beef jerky and the fact that I can get my minimum monthly allowance of sodium in just 2 sticks is great. I no longer carry my 50 pound salt lick, giving me extra freight capacity.

Stxredneck

Active Expediter
Driver
My 2 autoship bags per month are gone within 20 minutes of arriving, last month we tried the spicy buffalo jerky and I was suprised how good it was.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I like jerky and I like buffalo. You are dodging the sodium content issue of your healthy snacks. Have you ever seen a buffalo perspire? How did the water buffalo get its name? I rest my case!

Stxredneck

Active Expediter
Driver
The nutritional info on each product is posted on the website. The bag in. Front of me says 10% sodium

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Who says sodium is bad for you?

Sodium Is Good For You!

Thank you for the link to HubPages, where everybody is an expert on something. Even a kid that looks like Danny Bonadouche can be a published author and leading expert on sodium. His article on sodium reads like a script from an Ask Dr. Science (He knows more than you do! He has a masters degree in science) show. The problem with this Danny Bonadouche look alike's article is, he's trying to pass that crap off as serious science while the only serious thing in the Dr. Science show is the humor.

I never stated sodium was bad for you. Sodium is essential to life! It is the large amounts of sodium that can cause health problems. The HubPages article immediately brings up sodium deficiency. I doubt there is an average American that has a sodium deficiency. By average American, I mean one that eats beef jerky, packaged food or eats any food prepared outside the home.

The new recommended daily allowance for sodium is 1500 mg. or a little more than ½ tsp. Using that standard, I would consider beef jerky with a 10% sodium content to be a high sodium food. Before me I have a package of Mission™ flour tortillas. One tortilla contains 420 mg. of sodium and that is before I wrap it a round a hunk of beef jerky!

Sure, a sodium deficient diet may be common among hardcore, organic vegan types. One would need to consume a lot of dirt to get 1500 mg. of sodium. As I stated before, I like beef jerky! Just don't try to pass it off as a healthy snack.

Stxredneck

Active Expediter
Driver
Just FYI Jack Links Jerky has 25% sodium, Oh Boy Oberto jerky is 17% sodium, so Jack Links has more than double the sodium as my jerky. So saying my jerky is healthy is not being misleaading or wrong compared to the other 2 brands I listed above. BTW, I found the other 2 brands at the checkout at Walmart, you can't buy Jerky Direct from anu retailer, you need to order through a distributor.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just FYI Jack Links Jerky has 25% sodium, Oh Boy Oberto jerky is 17% sodium, so Jack Links has more than double the sodium as my jerky. So saying my jerky is healthy is not being misleaading or wrong compared to the other 2 brands I listed above.

That's like saying Virginia Slim Ultra Light cigarettes are healthy because they contain much less tar and nicotine than Camel straights or Lucky Strike. What does your buddy at HubPages have to say about nicotine deficiencies and organic cigarettes?

Stxredneck

Active Expediter
Driver
Not really concerned about what you eat if you are posting you have a bag of Mission Tortillas sitting in front of you.......just saying.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK, we'll just have to say that all smokes are bad and that jerky is not a health food but there are varying degrees of unhealthiness to jerky, some being much worse for you than others.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow! Great retort. Oh yeah, just saying. Ya, I betcha you ain't got no chinchilla jerky do ya.