I 70 Closed due to flooding

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I 70 is closed at East and West bound St Charles just outside St Louis, the Dardenne River has flooded and water is crossing the road in both directions, there is also widespread flooding all around the St Louis metro area, 8 inches of rain has fallen overnight and all aroun d the area roadfs are covered, USE CAUTION, CALL AHEAD you may not be able to get to many areas, see the local news online Channel 2/4/5 or news 4 KMOV....Its really wet here, and roads may be flooded in low lying areas, by morning there may be more road closures, I 70 is closed thru monday...

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Starting early Monday am.... Freezing rain turning into Snow across most of Iowa ... up to 1/2 inch ICE .... 4 to 10 inches SNOW ....

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
MODOT UPDATE...
UPDATE: Both direction of I-70 remain closed! It is expected that all lanes will remain closed for Monday morning rush hour traffic.
Westbound I-70 detour is Route 94 to I-64 to I-70. Eastbound I-70 is closed in St Charles County near Route 79 due to flooding of Dardenne Creek. Use Eastbound I-70 to Eastbound I-64 to Eastbound Route 364 as an alternate.

I 44 May have to be closed in the morning, Call ahead

Reactions: ntimevan

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, it's very different now. It snowed quite a bit last week, and it's all still here. The last 5 days has seen single digit highs, and negative single digit lows. Currently there are no degrees whatsoever.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
"Maybe you heard of me... the Butcher of Luverne?"

"I have heard of you. And may I say... brother, I like your style."

When I drove right by Luverne on the way up here, I couldn't help but to think of that exchange.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
I 70 has been reopened, but the situation is in peril, also 67 South at Alton Bridge is closed due to water over the road and flooding....the highways are very near flooding all around St Louis, St Charles County and Metro East areas, Near the river areas may be closed...