Hurricane Irma

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
AArno6y.img

That is one sexy tropical cyclone.

I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it, though.

Reactions: Grizzly

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Irma is active, and so are Jose and Katia. The next name to be used is Lee. I'm sure liberals will go nuts when that happens, just as they did with Tropical Storm Don. After Lee will be Maria, Nate, Ophelia, Phillippe, Rina, Sean, Tammy, Vince and Whitney.

Just thought you'd like to know that.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Irma is active, and so are Jose and Katia. The next name to be used is Lee. I'm sure liberals will go nuts when that happens, just as they did with Tropical Storm Don. After Lee will be Maria, Nate, Ophelia, Phillippe, Rina, Sean, Tammy, Vince and Whitney.

Huh?

What does ones political bent have to do with anything?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter

Huh?

I thought it was pretty clear with "just as they did with Tropical Storm Don," but apparently not. One's political bent plays a roll in what things over which they go nuts with an overreaction, and to what degree. My mentioning of it is merely a casual observation, nothing more. As for the specific reason liberals might go nuts with Lee, and why they did with Don, you'd have to ask an actual liberal. I'd recommend starting with the ones who have Tweeted GPS coordinates to @Irma and @Jose of Mar-a-Lago to make sure those tropical cyclones know where it is.

In any case, there's the list of the as-yet unused names for topical storms. Do with them as you wish.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Huh?

I thought it was pretty clear with "just as they did with Tropical Storm Don," but apparently not. One's political bent plays a roll in what things over which they go nuts with an overreaction, and to what degree. My mentioning of it is merely a casual observation, nothing more. As for the specific reason liberals might go nuts with Lee, and why they did with Don, you'd have to ask an actual liberal. I'd recommend starting with the ones who have Tweeted GPS coordinates to @Irma and @Jose of Mar-a-Lago to make sure those tropical cyclones know where it is.

In any case, there's the list of the as-yet unused names for topical storms. Do with them as you wish.
Must have been before my time......;)

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Hurricane Alicia was the costliest tropical cyclone in the Atlantic since Hurricane Agnes in 1972. Alicia was the third depression, the first tropical storm, and the only major hurricane of the 1983 Atlantic hurricane season. It struck Galvestonand Houston, Texas directly, causing $1.7 billion (1983 USD)[1] in damage and killing 21 people; this made it the worst Texas hurricane since Hurricane Carla in 1961.[2] In addition, Alicia was the first billion-dollar tropical cyclone in Texas history.[3]

Hurricane Alicia
Category 3 major hurricane (SSHWS/NWS)

Hurricane Alicia intensifying on August 17
Formed August 15, 1983
Dissipated August 20, 1983
Highest winds 1-minute sustained: 115 mph (185 km/h)
Lowest pressure 963 mbar (hPa); 28.44 inHg
Fatalities 21 direct
Damage $1.7 billion (1983 USD)
Areas affected Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Upper Midwest
Part of the 1983 Atlantic hurricane season
Hurricane Alicia was the first hurricane to hit the United States mainland since Hurricane Allen in August 1980. The time between the two storms totaled three years and eight days (1,103 days).[4] Hurricane Alicia became the last major hurricane (Category 3 or higher) to strike Texas until the stronger Hurricane Bret in 1999 made landfall. Alicia was the first storm for which the National Hurricane Center issued landfall probabilities.[5]

Hurricane Alicia was notable for the delayed post storm evacuation of Galveston Island (since the eye of the storm traveled the evacuation route up Interstate 45 from Galveston to Houston). The hurricane was also notable for the shattering of many windows in downtown Houston by loose gravel from the roofs of new skyscrapers and by other debris, prompting changes to rooftop construction codes.

BTW...that's my 1st name. LOL

Reactions: Turtle

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Huh?

Must have been before my time......;)
not much is beyond your time...;)

Reactions: Ragman

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
the track of Irma looks bad for the whole state of Florida...EVERY major city will be involved....right up the middle!! Field goal!

Reactions: Grizzly