Hunter Biden and His Magic Laptop

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Maybe it's the Ukrainians. He knows some people over there and so does The Big Guy. He's sending them Billions that are unaccounted for, and $10M would be pocket change that could be laundered back to the former Burisma board member. Sounds crazy, but so did the laptop story - until it was proven to be true.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would guess that nobody is paying the legal fees for these lawsuits, just like a personal injury lawsuit, the lawyers get a percentage of the judgement. Now the one where he is a defendant, would bet daddy is paying those fees.....
Top dollar lawyers like Abbe Lowell don't work for percentages. The get thousands of dollars an hour, and a huge retainer in advance. But you're right about his daddy. When he's POTUS the sources for nefarious income are unlimited, both foreign and domestic. And when you're the bag man for POTUS who knows where all the skeletons are buried your bills get paid no matter what. The possibilities are infinite.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Maybe it's the Ukrainians.

Or maybe it was the Saudis ...

Oh .. wait ... they were/are paying the freight for TFG and his spawn not the Bidens ...

:tearsofjoy:

He knows some people over there and so does The Big Guy. He's sending them Billions that are unaccounted for, and $10M would be pocket change that could be laundered back to the former Burisma board member. Sounds crazy,

Which is ... typical ...

but so did the laptop story - until it was proven to be true.

The laptop "story" ... hasn't been proven to be true (depending on which "story" one is referring to)

The ultimate story regarding the laptop - including the hacking of Hunter Biden's personal accounts - and who did that and who benefited - still remains to be told.

Expect that to play out in court, in civil suits ... and quite possibly criminal trials.

I'm sure it will turn out to be very interesting ... and very different than many expect.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Looks like Hunter has something in common with Trump, he thinks he can write off his prostitutes as a business expense....

I will never forget this one guy I knew who was a truck driver who was trying to convince his wife that using the services of a lot lizard was no different than getting the oil changed in his truck, just someone providing a service. She didn't agree.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Has Hunter Biden Turned the Tables on Comer & Oversight Committee?

This is the first time I have posted anything in this Hunter Biden thread and the first time I have even opened it. The topic has been of zero interest to me, but it is becoming interesting now that it seems the story is closer to its end than its beginning.

Democratic Representative Raskin said this today. Is he correct? For months, Republicans have been pursuing Hunter Biden and accusing him. Now when he is willing to come out into the open and go under oath, it seems the Republicans are running scared.

What sense does this make? If your villian of choice is suddenly willing to testify in the open, under oath, and in public, why would you not want him to do that? He is a hapless drug addict and an utterly corrupt man, right? What is it about him that makes the Republicans want to retreat behind closed doors? Might it have something to do with them losing control of a narrative that they are desperate to maintain, because in the truth and facts realm they have little?

1701210430344.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The subpoena specifically says(and requires) closed door testimony. A President's son doesn't get to dictate the terms of it. He's not above the law.
Spot on. In fact as pointed out in Jonathan Turley's article out today, the Democrats conducted this same process many times with the J6 hearings. The subpoena dictates the terms, and Hunter's legal team doesn't get to bring their dog-and-pony show before the TV cameras; they have to get down to brass tacks and answer probing, specific questions or take the 5th.

"This is a bad start for Hunter, who is a lawyer. For years, he has been able to manipulate the media and create ever changing rationales for his role in the alleged corruption scheme from expert to addict to victim.
Those spins could now come at a cost. While the Justice Department slow walked his investigation and allowed the statute of limitations to run, any misrepresentation could be charged as a new felony with a new statute of limitations.
Hunter will appear in the place set by the Committee. He can choose his answers, but not his forum. Putting the bravado of the letter aside, he now has a date with Congress and he will no longer be able to orchestrate how he will appear in public."
(bold emphasis mine)

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Like when Jim Jordan refused to comply with his subpoena?
Has Hunter Biden Turned the Tables on Comer & Oversight Committee?

This is the first time I have posted anything in this Hunter Biden thread and the first time I have even opened it. The topic has been of zero interest to me, but it is becoming interesting now that it seems the story is closer to its end than its beginning.

Democratic Representative Raskin said this today. Is he correct? For months, Republicans have been pursuing Hunter Biden and accusing him. Now when he is willing to come out into the open and go under oath, it seems the Republicans are running scared.

What sense does this make? If your villian of choice is suddenly willing to testify in the open, under oath, and in public, why would you not want him to do that? He is a hapless drug addict and an utterly corrupt man, right? What is it about him that makes the Republicans want to retreat behind closed doors? Might it have something to do with them losing control of a narrative that they are desperate to maintain, because in the truth and facts realm they have little?

View attachment 23351
The Dems had a sham hearing( anyone that is honest knows that too) without republicans chosen by their leadership on the committee.

And this from Raskin:

IMG_5199.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Like when Jim Jordan refused to comply with his subpoena?
No, it's not remotely like that, if you're referring to the refusal of Jordan, Kevin McCarthy and Scott Perry refusing to honor a subpoena from the J6 committee. The difference being, they were all sitting members of Congress. Hunter Biden is a private citizen, although a highly privileged one. Until that point in time, no sitting member of Congress had ever been subpoenaed by any committee other than a bipartisan ethics committee, for numerous reasons listed in the article linked below. It's a detailed read, but the key takeaways are the subpoenas weren't justified and their reasons for refusal were sound.

" There is no indication that any committee other than an ethics committee has ever previously subpoenaed a member of Congress. The Jan. 6 committee lacks institutional safeguards to prevent its powers from being deployed toward partisan ends. By contrast, the House Ethics Committee has a balanced partisan divide and a requirement that a majority of members authorize a subpoena..."

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
More bad news for Hunter: he's been indicted on nine counts of Federal Tax Crimes. This wouldn't have happened unless they've got a slam-dunk case.

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT

ATeam

Retired Expediter
More bad news for Hunter: he's been indicted on nine counts of Federal Tax Crimes. This wouldn't have happened unless they've got a slam-dunk case.

It also would not have happened if DOJ was the unfair, biased, corrupt arm of the Democratic Party many MAGA people claim it is. If DOJ was the unfair, biased, corrupt arm of the Democratic Party many MAGA people say it is, Hunter would not have been charged.

Reactions: RLENT and Ragman

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Now you all know very well, that being charged and going to jail in todays world hardly ever works out the way it use to be......You can kill someone and be out on the street tomorrow,,,,watch California on that one......Hunter will not get years in jail or what ever the punishment should be,,,,If you are a whosit , you will be walking and a talking and strutting your stuff by lunchtime,,,imho,,,,,wait???it and see,,,by the way, did you all buy painting

• Haha
Reactions: RLENT and Pilgrim