How you talk/where you're from

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've lived in too many places, so some of my regional phrases don't match. I will also consciously use "you guys" or "y'all" depending on where I am. Same with "soda," "pop," and "Coke."

It pegged me for Oklahoma City, Tulsa or Little Rock. Apparently, because of how I say lawyer, and crawdaddy. :D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It pegged me for far and farther away, Little Rock being closest and not really close plus Louisville and somewhere in Georgia I already forgot.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I've lived in too many places, so some of my regional phrases don't match. I will also consciously use "you guys" or "y'all" depending on where I am. Same with "soda," "pop," and "Coke."

It pegged me for Oklahoma City, Tulsa or Little Rock. Apparently, because of how I say lawyer, and crawdaddy. :D

I noticed as I was taking the test that being a driver complicates things. The one that stands out for me is "service drive" vs "frontage rd". I went with the term I used before I was a driver but now that I've seen more of the country I'm comfortable with either term.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
It nailed it for me.

OMG........Same Here!!!

And.....it did NOT place me as being from here in the DFW area either. It actually nailed me down to my Home Town in WEST Texas......of which I moved away from way back in 1989.

Toooooo Cool!

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It got Philly right, based on my choice of "hoagie" for the long sandwich. Anyone who hears the way I "tawk" knows I'm from Philly :D ( I sound almost exactly like Jim Cramer on CNBC).

Funny, though, how it also guessed Brownsville, TX, based on my use of "y'all". I picked that up from years of having African-American friends & coworkers. As for frontage roads, I had no idea what they were till I hit the road :rolleyes:

Sent from my SCH-I110 using EO Forums mobile app

Last edited: