How to think about p!$$!ng on the Taliban

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
From http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/were-all-guilty-of-dehumanizing-the-enemy/2012/01/13/gIQAtRduwP_story.html

"...There is a final context for this act in which we are all responsible, all guilty. A 19-year-old Marine has a very hard time reconciling the fact that it’s okay to waterboard a live Taliban fighter but not okay to urinate on a dead one.

"When the war on terror started, the Marines in that video were probably 9 or 10 years old. As children they heard adults — and political leaders — talk about our enemies in the most inhuman terms. The Internet and the news media are filled with self-important men and women referring to our enemies as animals that deserve little legal or moral consideration. We have sent enemy fighters to countries like Syria and Libya to be tortured by the very regimes that we have recently condemned for engaging in war crimes and torture. They have been tortured into confessing their crimes and then locked up indefinitely without trial because their confessions — achieved through torture — will not stand up in court.

"For the past 10 years, American children have absorbed these moral contradictions, and now they are fighting our wars. The video doesn’t surprise me, but it makes me incredibly sad — not just for them, but also for us. We may prosecute these men for desecrating the dead while maintaining that it is okay to torture the living.

"I hope someone else knows how to explain that to our soldiers, because I don’t have the faintest idea."

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
I don't know about the rest of you.. But I just can't get worked up over this.

Should they have done it? No.

Should they go to jail for it? No.

We are better than the taliban yes. That is why they just ****ed on them and did not string them up from a bridge, cut their heads off with a dull knife or set them on fire.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
I agree. Put a stop to this, but let's not go overboard. If you've been shot to death, being p!$$ed on isn't on your list of problems.

--

You know the problem with bad cops? They make the other 5% look bad.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The outrage over this is largely the over-the-top fake outrage that's all the rage today. Yes, we dehumanize the enemy, and urinating on them helps with that, but it's hard to get all worked up over an enemy that you haven't dehumanized a bit, even if you have to use a very broad dehumanizing brush. The enemy is whoever we say it is, whether they are the enemy or not. General Patton urinated on the Nazis, and was cheered by Americans for doing so. Ah, the Nazis. There was an enemy. Wore the right uniforms and everything. If only the Afghanis would wear the right uniforms, then we wouldn't have any of this outrage in the nation over urination.

jbailey13

Active Expediter
The nation is NOT outraged by this act! It is only the liberal media blowing things out of proportion once again!

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
The outrage over this is largely the over-the-top fake outrage that's all the rage today. Yes, we dehumanize the enemy, and urinating on them helps with that, but it's hard to get all worked up over an enemy that you haven't dehumanized a bit, even if you have to use a very broad dehumanizing brush. The enemy is whoever we say it is, whether they are the enemy or not. General Patton urinated on the Nazis, and was cheered by Americans for doing so. Ah, the Nazis. There was an enemy. Wore the right uniforms and everything. If only the Afghanis would wear the right uniforms, then we wouldn't have any of this outrage in the nation over urination.

He metaphorically took a whiz on them, right?

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
He whizzed in the Rhine river. While crossing the Rhine river he had his driver stop mid way across and took a leak supposedly to show his disdain for the nazis.

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
Who cares....what do you think they are doing to our Military men/women? No, they should not have done it but to put them in jail for it - STUPID!

You are not in their shoes so therefore you cannot judge.

Judge the who cast the first stone!

Have you forgotten what happen to our; men, women, children, fathers, mothers, grand parents - during 911?

Oh I forgot, probably no one here has anyone that has someone in the Military that has been brutally killed or died during the 911 incident!

Yes, this is my opinion and I have a freedom of speech!

All you bleeding heart liberals are tearing this country apart!

Last edited:

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Nope - I'm outraged by it (for a wide variety of reasons) - and I ain't the media.

Sorry, you can't be outraged....it's your Dr. Paul that said we should handle these things using the "Golden Rule".....do unto others......seeing how these same people have done to us just about everything under the sun, you should be good with it, I know I am.....:p:p

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Who cares ....
Apparently many of the wiser heads in the military ....

what do you think they are doing to our Military men/women?
What do you think they would be doing to them if we hadn't invaded their land ? .... if we hadn't stayed ?

No, they should not have done it but to put them in jail for it - STUPID!
Actually, I believe it may be a violation of the laws of war ....

IOW, it's possibly a war crime ....

Marines **** on Taliban Dead: Understanding War Crimes

The marines urination video doesn't show the real war crime

You are not in their shoes so therefore you cannot judge.
I can judge anything I choose to .....

Have you forgotten what happen to our; men, women, children, fathers, mothers, grand parents - during 911?
Not at all ....

Are you trying to use to justify any and all manner of behavior with absolutely no consequences ?

Oh I forgot, probably no one here has anyone that has someone in the Military that has been brutally killed or died during the 911 incident!
I wouldn't want to place any bets on that .....

Yes, this is my opinion and I have a freedom of speech!
So do others ....

All you bleeding heart liberals are tearing this country apart!
No .... actually it's those who lack anything in the way of real moral and ethical standards, those who seek to excuse criminal activity because it somehow seems politically expedient ....

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
Apparently many of the wiser heads in the military ....

What do you think they would be doing to them if we hadn't invaded their land ? .... if we hadn't stayed ?

Actually, I believe it may be a violation of the laws of war ....

IOW, it's possibly a war crime ....

Marines **** on Taliban Dead: Understanding War Crimes

The marines urination video doesn't show the real war crime

I can judge anything I choose to .....

Not at all ....

Are you trying to use to justify any and all manner of behavior with absolutely no consequences ?

I wouldn't want to place any bets on that .....

So do others ....

No .... actually it's those who lack anything in the way of real moral and ethical standards, those who seek to excuse criminal activity because it somehow seems politically expedient ....

I notice that you have something to argue about no matter what anyone states, just to hear yourself(write) talk! Nothing else to do but shoot someone else's thoughts down, sounds like you are bored nothing else to do!

All that said, I do not believe in you or anything you state!

As for Dr. Paul, he sounds like he is winning when he talks...very iritating for a man that sounds like his is whining! Just as you are...whining!

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Sorry, you can't be outraged ....
Sure I can .... just like I can when I see civilians and non-combatants gunned down in cold-blooded murder from an Apache helicopter in Baghdad ....

Or any of a host of other disgusting, immoral criminal atrocities that our troops have committed .... which I will be quite happy to recount in exquisite detail ....

Outraged just the same as when I see footage of the planes hitting the towers or see the video of Daniel Pearl being beheaded ....

it's your Dr. Paul that said we should handle these things using the "Golden Rule" ..... do unto others ......
So your point is that you want people to kill and **** on us ?

Sounds to me like you've inverted it - and are trying to pervert the Golden Rule into the Old Testament Law of "an eye for an eye" ..... and then pervert that into "an eye for an eye .... plus all your teeth and a limb or two ...."

Got it: let's just skip that Guy who came after ....

seeing how these same people have done to us just about everything under the sun, you should be good with it, I know I am.....
Oh, I'll bet you are .....

Ummm ...... "these people" ..... ?

You mean the people whose homeland we have invaded ?

The ones whose husbands, mothers, brothers, sisters, and children, who having done nothing to us, we've nevertheless turned into collateral damage ? (to say nothing of the ones that have been outright murdered)

Those people ?

Last edited:

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
"whining".

I feel ike in am back in school, I am being corrected!

But thank you anyways for the correction...at least I was understood....my fingers are upset more than me...lol

I hope Ron Paul does not win, we will be at war with everyone just due to the fact he spoke (whined)!

We need someone that understand Economic's, a growing family and values that this country was built on...from our fathers point!

However, this is for a different thread.

Last edited:

twe2011

Seasoned Expediter
Sure I can .... just like I can when I see civilians and non-combatants gunned down in cold-blooded murder from an Apache helicopter in Baghdad ....

Or any of a host of other disgusting, immoral criminal atrocities that our troops have committed .... which I will be quite happy to recount in exquisite detail ....

Outraged just the same as when I see footage of the planes hitting the towers or see the video of Daniel Pearl being beheaded ....

So your point is that you want people to kill and **** on us ?

Sounds to me like you've inverted it - and are trying to pervert the Golden Rule into the Old Testament Law of "an eye for an eye" ..... and then pervert that into "an eye for an eye .... plus all your teeth and a limb or two ...."

Got it: let's just skip that Guy who came after ....

Oh, I'll bet you are .....

Ummm ...... "these people" ..... ?

You mean the people whose homeland we have invaded ?

The ones whose husbands, mothers, brothers, sisters, and children, who having done nothing to us, we've nevertheless turned into collateral damage ? (to say nothing of the ones that have been outright murdered)

Those people ?

My goodness, female hormones are invading in the male body!

I assume you think women should walk behind you, unless you are one of those type of men....?

Please leave the country and go live there!