How to Succeed

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
A new thread to avoid hijacking others.

How to succeed, regardless of race, color, sex, religion etc.

Why is it that so many believe that black men/women cannot succeed in the so called, "White world"? They can, and they do. MILLIONS can, and do.

Yes, there are roadblocks, but I contend that, the biggest roadblocks come from within each individual. That is true of all races, colors, sexes, etc.

Many make the mistake of listening to the constant drumbeat of hatred and blame pushed by many of today's so called, "Black Leaders". They teach failure, they teach division, which only can lead to failure and division, which is what we have.

Here is an example of a black man, who at a time in our history where blacks had even less opportunity than they have today, succeeded.

His words speak of an attitude that leads to success, rather than failure. An attitude that allowed him to go from private to Major General, starting in the 1950's. THIS is a LEADER. A man of character. (He sings opera as well)

Why does it seem that success stories such as this are rare? In part because they are, regarless of the race involve, and in part because it sell more papers, more advertising on the news (fluff) shows to report failure rather than success.

It's men like Major General Jerry Curry (ret) who SHOULD be the leaders of the black people, not the Holders, Jackson's, Sharpton's or Obama's

“Sure, there were obstacles,” he says, “but rather than allow them to defeat me, I insisted on using them to strengthen me and steel my resolve to succeed.” Curry is a man who got to the rank he did, in part, by acknowledging an uneven playing field while rejecting the path of victimization. “I could have focused on the injustice but what good would that do,” asks Curry rhetorically. “That would have either defeated me or caused me to have goals borne of vindictiveness and neither one of those paths does much good in terms of character-building."

http://specialguests.com/guests/viewnews.cgi?id=EkEyApyVAyjyUkWlYS&style=Full%20Article

http://curryforamerica.com/

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
It's attitude and upbringing. Go to Buckhead in Atlanta. You'll see thousands of black men and women that are successful millionaires. They didn't get caught in the lie the culture leads most people into. When your taught at a young age that the white man will stomp your dreams then why even try. It's sad.

It also doesn't help that there is some of the racism still about. It makes me angry when white men say it doesn't still exist even though it does. However, racism is not the road block it was back in the 1960's. All races can go to all colleges. That didn't exist back then. I could make a list like this of opportunities that used to not exist, but do now. Racism now a days is way more personal. For example, If you train for accounting you may run into a firm that won't hire you because of race or sex, but over all you can still find firms that will or you can start your own firm. It's not easy to go the latter route but it is possible.

I've worked many jobs in a lot of different fields and been successful in them all, but in each field I can identify many other races and women that were more talented than me and more successful than me in those careers. They didn't buy into the lie either.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Of course racism/sexism exists. SO WHAT? You can use for, or against, yourself.

Everywhere I have worked, since I was an adult, I have worked with people of different races, different sexes, religions, national origins. Those who wanted to thrive, those who did not wish to thrive, did not.

There is ALWAYS a way, one can find it, or blame others for their failures.

No, it is NOT easy, never said it was. There is very little in life that is worth have that is easy. It's not fair either, nothing in life is. Get over it.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Most of it is how they are raised and how we enable the life of many of the poor. Some have very ligit reasons, but that hardly represents the majority. Sometimes I think we just have to realize, there will be poor people. Keep in mind, most of the poor in the US, are not really poor by world standards.