How to get to Maine

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been in the buzz for four years now. And I've be to all 48 states multiple times except for Maine. I'm a CV for panther, and was wondering if any body knows any shippers out there take ship stuff to Maine regularly. So I can position my self there. Seeing the state of Maine. Is officially on my bucket list. Heard its gorgeous in the fall.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've been in the buzz for four years now. And I've be to all 48 states multiple times except for Maine. I'm a CV for panther, and was wondering if any body knows any shippers out there take ship stuff to Maine regularly. So I can position my self there. Seeing the state of Maine. Is officially on my bucket list. Heard its gorgeous in the fall.
Been to Biddeford Maine a couple times over the years....thats it....airplane parts in process...if they come in, they gotta go back out when done...whether they are still expedite is another story....

R.I was a tough go to get to.....then did it 3 times in one year....LOL

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've been to Maine several times. I don't know of any regular shippers to there, other than the Naval yard at Newport-News and Norfolk where they ship a lot of stuff back and forth to the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard submarine base at Kittery.

Rhode Island was my unicorn for a long time. I had quickly picked up and delivered in all lower 48 by about the first year of my expediting career, except Rhode Island. Driven through it a bunch of times, but never picked up or delivered there. Then, finally, in my 5th year I knocked 'em both out on the same day, delivering to Attleboro and was predispatched out of Providence.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We managed to get all 49 states within the first two years in business. We also managed to get Newfoundland in that same time frame. We have delivered, and picked up, in Maine a few times, one of which was a delivery to a private yacht's tender boat. We had a very tight delivery time, since we had to make sure we were there for a high tide or the boat would not be able to enter the harbor.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter

Just hang in there,sooner or later the call will come!

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Get a load to Boston and just take off half a day and deadhead up there. It's only about an hour from the north side of Boston up to Kittery. Stop in and have lunch at Bob's Clam Hut while you're there. Mmmmmm