How To Get Meds

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't mind going to any physician that charges reasonable rates. Moreover, as a former patient care tech I know the simple routine. I can take my own blood pressure, height, weight, listen to my breath sounds and complete a physical history assessment form.

It is like me changing my oil at a reasonable cost as opposed to going into a truck center oil change facility that charges a grossly high price for simple service.

You cannot do annual blood work which EVERYONE should have done. I am a former EMT and can do BP etc. I cannot do blood tests. Just a fact. Even IF a DR cost $100 per visit that is NOT much for a YEAR!! We all spend more on junk every year than that. I don't know what reasonable is for you or where you live, I pay $50 per visit and my wife pays $65.

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
It would be $75-100 per office visit, PLUS the cost of the lab work via Compunet and that adds another $138.00.

If your physician only charges $50 and includes the blood work too, please send me his/her name and number via a PM.

Sounds like a very competitve price.

PS. I shop everything. And I do appreciate the help.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No it does NOT include the blood work, at least not at where my wife goes. It is worth the money once a year. You were in health care and are well aware just how much less it costs to catch a problem early than later. Also, men after 50 should get the 'ole rubber glove test fairly often, not fun, BUT, it can save your life.

I don't know your situation. Insurance, no insurance or what kind etc. Reguardles, annual testing is CHEAP in the long run. Are you a Veteran? If so, look into the VA. Look into getting work done at Med schools, everyone has to learn on somebody!! At the VA we OFTEN get newbie doctors, it's kinda fun. They are SO scared sometimes!!!

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Yes, I agree it is important to stay on top of things.

Funny you should mention the VA. I did one of my clinicals at the Dayton VA Center...it was scary!

Again, thanks for your help.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Why was it scary? Most of us don't bite or anything like that!! LOL!! Sorry I could not help more.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have been lucky. I have been with the Erie, PA and Ann Arbor, MI VA hospitals and have found most of the staff to be wonderful. Found the same at a couple of others that I have had the need to drop into while on the road as well. I have NOT had the horrors that one sometimes hear about. Thank God.

oncedrove

Expert Expediter
I have been lucky. I have been with the Erie, PA and Ann Arbor, MI VA hospitals and have found most of the staff to be wonderful. Found the same at a couple of others that I have had the need to drop into while on the road as well. I have NOT had the horrors that one sometimes hear about. Thank God.

About 15 years ago, I was sitting with a brother-in-law who was dieing. This was at Ann Arbor, MI VA hospitals. The guy across the hall was there because he tried to jump a frozen battery and it blew up. He had oozing blisters all over his body which were uncover to help dry out. He had been there 3 days. About 9 P.M. he decided to check him self out. Within a hour the hospital had another person in that bed and never clean that room, just changed the sheet. I couldn't believe they did that.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Things have changed I guess. They take wonderful care of my dad, my nephew and myself. We all have the same Dr. She helps me with my dad's care. I can say nothing bad about what I see there. Nothing but care and compassion.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
My meds have a 3 month renewal.Since I buy at Wallyworld if I run short on the road,med transfer is really easy.
I dont transfer in Ar.or Ny they have weird rules

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I think some of you missed the point. The question was "How to get Meds", not where to buy them.

I did the PDMD thing when they were open, then went to Wal-Greens/ Wal-Mart to fill the meds....

Hey now! I was pointing out HOW not to get meds...

sheesh...;)