How to combat loneliness on the road?

termite289

Expert Expediter
my gps gets mad at me now and then, and just gives up. starts rebooting every time it says recalculating.
mainly happens when i get on a new road, that it doesn't have, like the new part of 78 near Birmingham.
i keep waiting on it too say recalculating, drive out of the corn field, and get back on the road.

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Mine Does that on Route 30 in Ohio since they finished it, always in the cornfield and ponds.

guido4475

Not a Member
Mine Does that on Route 30 in Ohio since they finished it, always in the cornfield and ponds.

Yesterday I was on s.r. 96 in Upstate NY and it had me turn left onto Tone rd, only to find out it was a dirt road that deadended.Into a Bee farm. Bees were everywhere, people walking around in those bee-keeper suit things.Thenit told me to get back onto 96.Mine must be bi -polar.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yesterday I was on s.r. 96 in Upstate NY and it had me turn left onto Tone rd, only to find out it was a dirt road that deadended.Into a Bee farm. Bees were everywhere, people walking around in those bee-keeper suit things.Thenit told me to get back onto 96.Mine must be bi -polar.

do you guys blindly believe these GPS's? no back up checking?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Lonely,, No. Met someone new allmost everyday out here and 8 or 9 times out of 10 its a good thing.
Missing ppl at home Yes.But with todays electronics and cell phones I can stay in touch everyday so that helps.
Now boredom can be diferent story,, I use X-box,,sattellite TV,,Laptop (when I can get good connection),,If I need to really get out of truck Ill look for for a sporting goods store to bum around in,,Local pool hall or bowling alley to kill time.
What I really been wanting to do is get that Rosata Stone software (to attempt to learn Spanish in my free time) since I really think the grand kids are going to be needing it and maybe I could be of some help to them

JBCarroll

Seasoned Expediter
When I was doing expidite staying out 4 weeks at a time. I used my cb radio to talk with others. Used my phone to call friends. Mostly found that anywhere I went/stayed, there was always others like me who wanted someone to talk with. So I was really never truely alone out there on the road.