how shopping for van stuff ends in detainment>?

copdsux

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My Emphysema robs my brain of a full supply of oxygen sometimes, but never to the point of making irrational decisions, such as this one. A machete, really?

Mike

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I have a question. It's like this: Since November of '87, I've driven tractor-trailer, since '90 it's been various sizes of four-wheelers in a courier outfit until April of this year, from then in vans of one size or another in out-and-back expedited. I've never, in all that time, had a use for a machete. Can somebody explain to me how, exactly, a machete qualifies as "van stuff"? I do have one of those Swiss army knives in my toolbox, sometimes that little screwdriver is exactly what you need at that moment--- but a machete??? I can't recall even once being in a place where a machete would do me any good--- and I've been in a couple of places where such a thing would cause me more trouble than I need. Just try getting into a secure area with a machete on board your vehicle.
well, he was looking at camping beds for the van, and other camping stuff that might come in handy, and then saw and got distracted by the machete. I don't think he was considering the machete for the van, per say, just that it was cheap and thought for five bucks, why not? they way he worded it, especially playing fast and loose with grammar and punctuation, it's a little confusing, I agree.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Whether or not the issue is the 'little pocket knife' or not, doesn't matter.

What matters is that the OP could be screwed by his own actions.

He needed to shut up after telling the cops that he wasn't stealing anything and refused to allow them to search anything. The only words that he should have said is "I want a lawyer" and that's it.

The sad thing now is that even if you get a judge to provide some community service - it goes on the op's record. Not only that, depending where this happened, it may have been thrown out if the op had lawyered up right from the start, claiming that there is no cause for the charge, seeing he hasn't left the store.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I believe this story. I have 23 & 19 year old stepsons. mxzane is 22 years old and probably has a bit of money in his pocket. A machete for 5 bucks would be appealing.

Mrnewbie

Active Expediter
I am not sure how the law in Virginia works but in NY you don't need to leave the store to be arrested for shoplifting all you need to do is show intent. The changed the law a few years ago to protect security guards at retail establishments.

Sent from my MB865 using EO Forums

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
this was in my home town and for being the only person to ever get my professional mx license i get messed with by the cops a whole lot searched all the time stopd for no reason. and i was shopping for van stuff but walmart also has alot of other stuff besides thins i can use for my van. I live in the country and also when i purchase things like shot guns and bows doesnt mean i include them in my van when im on the road ??? sure doesnt i use them for hunting shooting aka a hobbie when im home and the mechete was for when im in the woods really not a big deal at all unless you live in the city and never have seen a person in camo or have ever beein hunting. and it was 5 dollar item considering i have a clean record and never have stolen anything or even considerd it i was highly ****ed off yea a bad decision but to me it didnt seem concealed since half of the mechete was clearly visable but yes the decision obliously was not the rite one should of gotten a cart but the decision was also completely innocent. and to me it was more of the getting persacuted for who i am in this town and the cops new who iwas to and i did let them search my van. i said i normally dont ever consent to searches but i go ahead and give you my concent to show you i do not have any stolen goods in my vehicle.. and yes im going to get a lawyer one who helps me out all the time for my racing just so incase the judge has someone **** in his cornflakes for breakfast that morning i will walk away scotch free.I also have talked to some of my friends that work for the pd and they thought the whole thing was pretty funny which it was because it was so redic. but i did learn my lesson get a shopping cart during all shopping ventures . and boycot walmart yes iwas mad but it was the police decisin to give me a summons.the head guy in walmart was very understanding because to him did not look like i was trying to steal it . and it was a good deal for the item being that cheap.and it would of been good with me in the woods .
i guess some of you would just have to know me and thats when you would realize how crazy this is.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
I also was very respectful trying to tell the cops the story at first and after they were trying to abuse the authority they had and be goons thats when i started to lose my self control..

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Basically it was a very stupid action on your part MX so here are a few pics so you understand stupid actions and won't do them sir. BTW seriously it was not only stupid to do but why were you hanging out at a wally world for hours in your home town is life that terrible in VA ? Also I agree if I was accused of such a crime the last thing I would do is spend money with the store accusing me of a crime ! I hope you make better decisions hauling freight for a carrier. And also for your sake I hope your carrier doesn't know the story or see the posting they may terminate your contract. Many carriers will not have you hauling freight after hearing this story. I know I wouldn't have you haul freight for my clients until you make better life choices young man. Stupidity and ignorance are no excuses for error.

demotivational-posters-stupid-kids.jpg

{Image removed. Too wide. - Turtle}

13sep19-internet-makes-you-look-stupid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

idtrans

Expert Expediter
I also was very respectful trying to tell the cops the story at first and after they were trying to abuse the authority they had and be goons thats when i started to lose my self control..

Maybe next time you go back to the same wal mart dress like this young man see if the door greeter even notices you sir.
430full.jpg

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
yea retty much does suck were i live nothing to do especially in winter time and all the other things that the other kids my age take part end are nothing i would want to take part in aka drugs and partying 247 . would you not figure out ways to entertain yourself besides sit at home?

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Maybe I missed something but what is an MX license and what does it have to do with any of this?

It doesn't. Thats the reason i get messed with all the time in my town from law enforcement for some reason. Like when i go thru road check i get ohh ur that dirtbike bigtimer arent you or get pulle dover for no reason i get whats up mr bigshot pro guy i dont really know why thats how it is but its always subject of talk in any situation involving cops in my town.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Maybe I missed something but what is an MX license and what does it have to do with any of this?

Here is all I found on a google search.

Stop it, just stop it, until you learn how to post pictures that are not more than 620 pixels wide. - Turtle

Last edited by a moderator:

UncleTed

Not a Member
It doesn't. Thats the reason i get messed with all the time in my town from law enforcement for some reason. Like when i go thru road check i get ohh ur that dirtbike bigtimer arent you or get pulle dover for no reason i get whats up mr bigshot pro guy i dont really know why thats how it is but its always subject of talk in any situation involving cops in my town.

Oh, I see...just like Lebron when he's back home in Akron. He gets harrassed at Walmart too.

idtrans

Expert Expediter

Ok cool I understand now. :eek:

machete001.jpg