How One Event in History

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
After the Tyson thread and the paranoia and distrust of the Muslums and Islamics. I got to thinking how amazing it is how One event like 9/11 has changed our world, like ww1 and ww2.

Mr Bush was sworn into office in Jan of that fateful year and how the landscape has changed....Aphganistan and then Iraq.
I wonder how the Presidency would have went if it weren't for 9/11? No war, No huge deficit...What would have happened to the price of oil?
Would the feeling against the Muslims and Islamics be the same? Do we have boogymen in every closet?
9/11 has definately changed this country forever.

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
You'll have a NUT JOB next door in IRAN with a nuke- the LEFT's 1978 supported regime of LOVE and FLOWERS. UNITED with ALL border states having one common interest-signs say DEATH TO AMERICA while funding WORLDWIDE TERROR!! Today with USA military on all sides pressuring them - I JUST-WANT-ANOTHER JIHAD STILL continue's to KICK SAND IN OUR FACE- thanxz to libs. wait until they trigger the NEW barganing chip! 6,000 more centerfuse's this week ARE spinning as we worry over what IF? !! Just my opinion>> the LEFT will keep their head in the sand-- track reord! 9/11 woke up this country to THEIR WORLD OF HATRED! ps "PRESIDENT" BUSH

Last edited:

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
It was just a matter of time. If not 9/11 then it would have been another date. The powers to be had the information that something big was in the air and waiting to happen. What did they do, they kept their heads burried in the sand.

What gets me is we found Sadam hiding in a hole, but we can't find a 6"5" Arab that needs dialysis everyday. Now that just don't make any sense to me. We got spy planes, informers, and special forces personel who are trained to find people like Bin Ladin. I really believe that if we wanted to find him we could. There is something going on here, there is a reason why he hasen't been found, and it's not because we can't find him if we really wanted to.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Think about this one: Prior to assasinating Lincoln, John Wilkes Booth went to the Oil City/Titusville area in western PA. He inevested in oil wells at the same time Rockerfeller etc. did. All his were dry holes. How different would things be if he had struck oil? Layoutshooter

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Things would have turned out alot worse for the South had Lincoln not been assainted. Then his VP took over and didn't want to be so hard on the South and he got impeached. If you ask me old honest Abe got what he had coming. He was a tyrant. So were Gens. Grant and Sherman for that matter. Union soliders come into homes and stole wht little food people had left. They didn't care that people had children. This is stuff you don't read about in history books. Growing up there was an older man that lived across the street. His Grandfather fought for the South during the Civil War. He told me how Union soldiers came into his father's childhood home and demanded food. They took every bit the family had. The next night different soliders came demanding food. When the lady of the home told them Union soliders took it all the night before they decided to torture her by sticking sewing needles under her fingernails and toe nail while asking where she had the food hidden. What Abe Lincoln did was unconstitutional. I forget where my college history teacher says it is but somewhere it says that a state can secced from the Union, but an area inside of a state cannot. So basicly a county can't leave the Union on it's own.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I agree, Lincoln was wrong. I have said that many times in here. I just said how different things would have been had Booth struck oil. Layoutshooter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Even though Lincoln was wrong the South did screw up. They should have never made thier stand on States rights on the issue of slavery. In the movie "Gettysburg" there is a line attributed to Gen Longstreet. He said that the South should have freed the slave and then fired on Ft. Sumpter. I don't know is he really said that or not but he was right. The institution of slavery was a vile thing and should have never happened. The South was right on States rights. Had they had the guts to abolish slavery the North, Lincoln, would have lost thier "moral" stance on the war. He would never have been able to raise the army needed to fight it. He used the slavery issue to his advantage. Had the South made it's stand on the economics side of states rights, the loss of freedom that the North's model of democracy was, they would have won. They flat screwed up. layoutshooter

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I will agree with you somewhat. That war wasn't fought over slavery it is just made out that it was. Lincoln himslef said he didn't care if he freed a single slave. All he wanted to do was reunite the nation. Had the South freed the slaves they would have had a lot more men to put in their Army than they already had.

Now I just wonder exactly what will be the issues in the next civil war.

theBeemer

Not a Member
Things would have turned out alot worse for the South had Lincoln not been assainted. Then his VP took over and didn't want to be so hard on the South and he got impeached. If you ask me old honest Abe got what he had coming. He was a tyrant. So were Gens. Grant and Sherman for that matter. Union soliders come into homes and stole wht little food people had left. They didn't care that people had children. This is stuff you don't read about in history books. Growing up there was an older man that lived across the street. His Grandfather fought for the South during the Civil War. He told me how Union soldiers came into his father's childhood home and demanded food. They took every bit the family had. The next night different soliders came demanding food. When the lady of the home told them Union soliders took it all the night before they decided to torture her by sticking sewing needles under her fingernails and toe nail while asking where she had the food hidden. What Abe Lincoln did was unconstitutional. I forget where my college history teacher says it is but somewhere it says that a state can secced from the Union, but an area inside of a state cannot. So basicly a county can't leave the Union on it's own.

Actually my friend you are quite correct it is in the outdated useless, document we call the constitution of the USA...We don't need to follow it any more..It says here is in this book we follow are leaders in this book.......OOK But it does have that when I get home I can find the exact wording for it..
Lincoln was probably the worst Tyrant in history. When we read about Shermans march to sea then on up to Columbia to teach South Carolina a lesson it is amazing people don't question why were they not held for war crimes? Let alone why is Lincoln Worshipped so much. Cruel, horrible, dispicable things that were done to fellow americans...
Not evey one could afford a slave..Maybe 10 percent. Read the slave logs and you will see 15 year old field hand good health etc...Bid starts at 1300 dollars in 1850. In todays money that would be about 32,000, Ones that were skilled (carpenter,builders, metalcraft were considerably more.
A poor farmer, shopkeeper etc really would not have that much to invest let alone feed. Read further you will see freed slaves had owned them being traders themselves..Even our friends in the book did. Somehow we seem to beleave it was only cruel horible whites. Slavery is a horrible thing.
I still believe millions were not needed to get killed to stop it though...

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It was just a matter of time. If not 9/11 then it would have been another date. The powers to be had the information that something big was in the air and waiting to happen. What did they do, they kept their heads burried in the sand.

What gets me is we found Sadam hiding in a hole, but we can't find a 6"5" Arab that needs dialysis everyday. Now that just don't make any sense to me. We got spy planes, informers, and special forces personel who are trained to find people like Bin Ladin. I really believe that if we wanted to find him we could. There is something going on here, there is a reason why he hasen't been found, and it's not because we can't find him if we really wanted to.

You guys here are too much do you want to know where that arab is look no father then Libba ya thats right Libba
Think about it who came out of the closest and said that a boy bush when he got the Sadam Hussan hmm Kadofffee did and he hates the US but he said thata boy George and then went back quite.

TIme will tell and when it finaly comes outa the woodwork where he is and where he has been and its Libbia just remember this I told Ya so

Have a nice day

By the way shame on yas for picking on Abe he had a problem with clear thinking I guess it was becasue he was so tall that his body had trouble getting o2 to his brain.
now there is food for thought.

Food Food where is a walley world I need more Bread for my peanut butter sandwhiches as Im in the poor house.
out here.

What am i Drinking I dont drink I dont smoke I dont dip

Water No ICE its free isnt it

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No, Lincoln was not too tall, his hat was too tight. Man, don't you know anything? LOL Layoutshooter

EagleRiverWI

Seasoned Expediter
My brother was a survivor of 9/11. He is an architect in Boston. He was scheduled to fly on 9/11, on one of the planes that hit the WTC, to my house in the wilderness of northern Wisconsin for a vacation. He got superstitious about flying on our mothers birthday, so he came 4 days early. I was watching the news when the first plane hit, so I got him out of bed for his expert opinion, then the second plane hit. It did not take long before the shock to set in when he realized that he had just avoided being on the plane. He was transferred to London to build a hospital and is coming home again next month, for our mothers birthday.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Beemer,
I wasn't saying anything against the Constitution. I just don't know exactly where that part is at in there. I have copies of the Declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights,and the Constitution in my home. I think every home should.

theBeemer

Not a Member
Beemer,
I wasn't saying anything against the Constitution. I just don't know exactly where that part is at in there. I have copies of the Declaration of Independence, The Bill of Rights,and the Constitution in my home. I think every home should.

10/4 my friend and please do not think I was pointing at you.. I was making a off hand remark about how our Constitution, our Bill of Rights, and our Declaration of Independence has of lately meaning the 80 year or so has been trampled, stomped and defacated on. The greatest documents the world has ever known are getting flushed down the sewer. It saddens me. All the blood my family shed back then to get those documnents out to the world.

If a person looks and studies those documents they would scratch thier heads and say why is our government doing this?
Then some one says well it says here in this book we have to be subservant to these special groups and to heck what you fore fathers wanted ...And the real sad part other believe that nonsence.
One opens their eyes and they can see it happening every day. Not just in our Oil wars...Look at all the special rights groups and how they are taking a gun rights away....two small examples

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I

I don't think she ever was, and I don't think the investigation into Gary Condit went any farther either.