How often do you get back to back loads with-out w

kellmellus

Seasoned Expediter
Here's the story i never get these but i know a driver who gets them 1-2 per week.

he picks up his first load and before he delivers it they call him again telling him they have another load for him after he drops off.

Is this rare or commond?because i never got a quick back-to-back loads without waiting for a long time.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
RE: How often do you get back to back loads with-o

We've had that happen once....@ E-1

When we were with a smaller carrier it would happen more...even had 2 or 3 loads at same time...

kellmellus

Seasoned Expediter

Express-1 rumor? they have not signed a g.m. contract so thats why were not getting many g.m. loads.load planners have not been told this.this may or not be true it,s just what i heard from another driver who talked from someone higher up.so take it for what it's worth.

kellmellus

Seasoned Expediter

I just got a load going to gm ,so it may not be true,or they signed the contract.

greg334

Veteran Expediter

E1 contract?

GM contract?

E1 is not on the preferred vendors list, are they?

I thought that they were trying to work through the problems with Panther and FedEx - opps I wasn't supposed to say that.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

I've done about 4 GM runs to Flint.

We have preferred status in 8 states for NLM they tell us.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter

What difference does it make whose freight you are hauling??It all pays the same based on your contract rates...

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter

No... it's not the same rate all around. NLM pays a good .08 less a mile (plus a chunk of FSC, I think). My nephew can't complain tho. He's had an awesome week. Something I never saw while with E-1.

-True independence can only be gained if you're trully independant.

kellmellus

Seasoned Expediter

this past week i have been mainly getting loads into kentucky but it has been really hard getting out,i have deadheaded home twice this week.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter

The back to back part I found is usually rare. Although at IBC for certain drivers it was the norm. They go out and before the've arrived they got a load going somewhere else and keep moving. I was surprised at some of the guys on that short list of prefered drivers as I had better equipment and could run longer. Yet these guys out earned everyone else in the fleet.

There has to be some secret to getting the dispatchers to love you enough to do that for you. Any ideas???

Rob Fis

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

> this past week i have been mainly getting loads into
>kentucky but it has been really hard getting out,i have
>deadheaded home twice this week.

How long did you wait?? You couldn't have waited too long to have 2 trips there in ONE week????

MSinger

Expert Expediter

>
>There has to be some secret to getting the dispatchers to
>love you enough to do that for you. Any ideas???
>
>Rob Fis

I don't think I wanna know!! : )

2002 GMC Savana 3500 DRW 15' cube 10,000 GVWR "Old Yeller"
former Penske truck

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter

I get 4 a week. Dedicated Route leave Monday PM come home Friday PM.
Running a full 11 hours driving from PU to Delivery, using half way point as sleep stop except Thursday layover at the Petro N. Balt. OH or the Loves.

Missing Expediting and running wild, yep. Appriciate being at home and out to a nice Restaurant or BBQn in my own back yard PRICELESS...

If ya love your wife and family its a tough gig the Expediting, problem was I loved both, glad I am where I am now and proud of where I was to get to where I am though.

I get to come out and run Wild week after next Chrysler is shutting down the week of the 17th. For those of you that depend a little on them this is whats going on.

PS do me a favor go buy a new Seabring or Avenger, nice write up in USA today last friday. (I could use some overtime)

Hopefully I will see some of yas. I would love to show off the new ride, not as nice as my little KW but its nice.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter

broom,what you do now,is different than what any of these expedite guys do.you are hauling regular truck load and its great your doing well,but dont give the expedite crowd the idea that they can to do the same in their straight trucks.
their are some dedicated lanes in expedite,but very few,and the discount for this is great
hauling back to back loads during the busy seasons happens a lot,of cours I cant say this about straight truck,since I am in an E unit,I get pre dispatched quite often.