How not to help the poor

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Don't know why the bible has any bearing in what the government does with poor...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
Don't know why the bible has any bearing in what the government does with poor...

The Bible doesn't advocate the separation of Church and State...

[h=3][/h] Galations 6:2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

Last edited:

cubansammich

Not a Member
I believe Jesus taught the poor to work hard and earn their way and their food and not sit around waiting for handouts.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
What I find interesting is the very people who trash churches and religion say very little about those churches that do help the poor or are disenfranchised. And that includes everything from food, clothing, housing, amongst several other things.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
What I find interesting is the very people who trash churches and religion say very little about those churches that do help the poor or are disenfranchised. And that includes everything from food, clothing, housing, amongst several other things.

I am guessing that comment was for me...Never said they did not...I'm not against religion.. ...let's just keep religion/government separate....as it..should be..

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I am guessing that comment was for me...Never said they did not...I'm not against religion.. ...let's just keep religion/government separate....as it..should be..

No not directed at anyone specific. Just a general observation that exists far beyond this website.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I thought Cubans were atheists...
Nope. From 1962 to 1991 Cuba was officially an Atheist State, but in 1991 they declared themselves to be a Secular State. Throughout that time up until today, 60-70 percent of Cubans are Afro-Cuban Catholic, which is a mixture of African religions and Catholicism. 15-20 percent are Protestant, of which Baptists make up the largest chunk. A sizable 5-10 percent are Jehovah's Witness.