How Dressed are Panther Trucks?

SwaggleCat

Rookie Expediter
I am getting ready to go to orientation after the 1st of the new year. I am trying to figure out what kinds of things the trucks already come with and what I need to bring for food storage/prep. I have an electric cooler and a lunchbox cooker. I was thinking I would like to bring a lockable crockpot for soups or stews. A friend told me that the trucks have refrigerators and APUs. If there is a fridge, I don't need to bring the cooler. Do these trucks typically have microwaves? Do I need to worry about an inverter? What typical appliances do you usually need to bring for your truck kitchen needs?

Last edited:

noneya

Active Expediter
I am getting ready to go to orientation after the 1st of the new year. I am trying to figure out what kinds of things the trucks already come with and what I need to bring for food storage/prep. I have an electric cooler and a lunchbox cooker. I was thinking I would like to bring a lockable crockpot for soups or stews. A friend told me that the trucks have refrigerators and APUs. If there is a fridge, I don't need to bring the cooler. Do these trucks typically have microwaves? Do I need to worry about an inverter? What typical appliances do you usually need to bring for your truck kitchen needs?

If you will be driving for a fleet owner, ask him/her how the truck is set up.

SENT FROM YO MAMA'S HOUSE!

Reactions: RoadTime

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Depends on the owner of the truck. Ours has a regular microwave and a refrigerator. I cook all of our meals in an electric skillet and the microwave. I have enough space to have a vacuum sealer so it makes things easier to cook on weekends for the week. Used to have a rice cooker, but have no use for it anymore since I use the skillet again. I did get a small crockpot for Christmas I will be taking out.

You do not have to be a chef to make.good food out herem just have a bit of an imagination.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I like the rice cooker best of everything I've used over the years. It works for pasta & sauce, mashed potatoes & steamed veggies, chili, even some soups if you take a few shortcuts so they'll cook quicker [cream of potato is one]. I like that I can brown meat, because it uses less power than other appliances, and it is a breeze to clean. One thing I've found is that preheating the water by running it through the coffeemaker first [I have a sink & hot water tank, but don't use the water - just keep 2 gallon jugs on hand] it goes much faster - the coffeemaker is quick!
As Jenny says, you're only limited by your imagination, so enjoy making what you want to eat, and saving money too. :)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Ask the owner how the truck is set up and then plan accordingly. As with everything else in life some things work great for some people and the same thing does not work for someone else.

I am like Cheri I use the rice cooker for everything and took my electric skillet back home and I have absolutely no use for a crock pot. The crock pot cooks way to slow for me in the truck and in such a small place the smell of the slow cooking crock pot is over whelming.

There are several threads with recipes and ideas on how to cook in the truck within this forum.

Good Luck and your imagination is the key. If I want something bad enough I will figure out a way to get it done.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Swift and Schneider have trucks. Panther has no trucks. Panther has nothing but buildings and people. That's the short version of the above. Every truck belongs to John or Jane Doe and as such there is no uniformity whatsoever in how they are equipped, beyond a DOT compliant sleeper which pretty much means an open space with a bed. As said, you need to ask the owner of the truck you will be driving how it is equipped and what is furnished. Good luck.

Nation Ramps

Not a Member
Owner/Operator
Depends on the owner of the truck. Ours has a regular microwave and a refrigerator. I cook all of our meals in an electric skillet and the microwave. I have enough space to have a vacuum sealer so it makes things easier to cook on weekends for the week. Used to have a rice cooker, but have no use for it anymore since I use the skillet again. I did get a small crockpot for Christmas I will be taking out.

You do not have to be a chef to make.good food out herem just have a bit of an imagination.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

I also agree with Jenny. You need to ask truck's owner.