how do you get a pic to show up when you post?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
When you click 'post', you get an empty box. Just under it, is a line that says 'click here to choose your file'. Click that, and it opens another box, containing your own photos. Right click the one you want, click 'select'. Choose whether the file is jpeg, gif, or what, and then click 'attach file' - if successful, the photo will appear with your post. If not, you'll have to ask someone else, lol, that's as much as I know. ;)

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I've never been successful. Not even once. Tried Firefox and MS Internet Exploder. Nothing.

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Here's one: a recent delivery in Albany, NY, turned out to be to what used to be the RCA Bldg, and the present company kept the famous dog (Moot says it's name is Nipper) on the roof.
Turtle, I find it hard to believe that I, (a computeretard) can do something that you, (a computer ubergeek) can't do - you're just goofing, right?

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Oh Nipper, there is such a history about the dog.

From Wiki, A huge (4-ton) Nipper can be seen on the roof of the old RCA building on Broadway in Albany, NY.

I have a bunch of 1905 RCA promo items and one thing I really like is the full size Nipper.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
That delivery was fairly amusing, as my GPS put the checkered flag (a touch that still cracks me up) on the far side o Broadway, on Tivoli St. I didn't see the number, or the name I was looking for, so I called the consignee to ask what the building looked like. It was the first time the reply was something as easy to find as a ginormous dog on the roof!;)

are12

Expert Expediter
Sorry about that Turtle.

I ran a search on, free picture resizing software, and there are a lot to choose from. I am sure one of those would work the same way.

Let me know how you make out.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Not a big deal. I can resize them here with all these tools already. But regardless of the size, I cannot get a picture to attach to this forum. I've probably got something in the system blocking the script that does it.

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
> When you click 'post', you get an empty box. Just under it,
>is a line that says 'click here to choose your file'. Click
>that, and it opens another box, containing your own photos.
>Right click the one you want, click 'select'. Choose whether
>the file is jpeg, gif, or what, and then click 'attach file'
>- if successful, the photo will appear with your post. If
>not, you'll have to ask someone else, lol, that's as much as
>I know. ;)

Holy Crap! if the picture is here, then I finally got it!
I thing my problem was the phrase "CLICK HERE TO CHOOSE YOUR FILE", the way I'm used to, would be in italics or underlined....I need to take some things literally, I guess...

Thank You Cheri...by the way, this is the same dog, but from behind the building where we got our tire changed :)

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Our new forum will be very easy to add photos - and any kind of media file.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.

37% of Americans agree that while they would hate being British, they wouldn't mind having a British accent.

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

I hate the country, all those animals walking around un-cooked.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------