Gas Price - Cheapest near Chattanooga, TN
GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada

1$2.77 - Marathon - 4011 Ringgold Rd, East Ridge, TN
2$2.77 - Exxon - 4339 Ringgold Rd, East Ridge, TN
3$2.77 - QiknEZ - 3452 Ringgold Rd, East Ridge, TN
4$2.77 - Speedway - 4222 Ringgold Rd, East Ridge, TN
5$2.78 - Hi-Tech - 3604 Brainerd Rd, Chattanooga, TN
more gas prices...

Enjoy it while we can.....................

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I just read an article about how the lower fuel prices actually hurt our economy. So, we are doomed no matter what. LOL.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I just read an article about how the lower fuel prices actually hurt our economy. So, we are doomed no matter what. LOL.
I read the same article. I guess we're supposed to feel guilty now.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Amazing how those gas prices plummet right before an important election ;)
Yep. They plummet right before an important election, just like they do right before unimportant elections, and right before no elections at all.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Some years just seem to be a little more "equal" than others. Draw your own conclusions. The Oddities of Election Year Gasoline Prices - Businessweek
Thanks. The first paragraph makes my point perfectly.
It happens every fall, whether there's an election or not, important or not.

The last line in the article is particularly illuminating, when you bother to look beyond the shiny surface of "correlation equal causation."

Still, for all those conspiracy theorists who remain, here’s a further morsel: Tuesday’s election likely boils down to who wins Ohio, where prices have fallen by 55¢ since mid-September—one of the biggest declines in the country.

Yes, gasoline prices have been falling in Ohio, as they say one of the biggest declines in the country. They fail totally to mention THE biggest decline, or even the OTHER big declines. Why? Because they're not Ohio, and they don't correlate, much less cause the decline in Ohio because of the elections.

The overly simplistic answer is that gas prices have fallen due to decreased demand and because of lower crude oil prices. But why in Ohio, where there is an upcoming important election? Well, it's not just in Ohio. Pennsylvania leads the pack, and the region, of which Ohio is a part. Since the summer of 2012, rising growth in natural gas production in the Marcellus and Utica shale formations has outpaced growth in the region’s available pipeline takeaway capacity. Meaning, they lack the large, long-distance pipelines to carry all that natural gas away to other regions, resulting in natural gas prices in the region, especially in Ohio, to be half that of the national average. With natural gas being so cheap, less crude oil is needed for home heating and other energy needs, which makes the price of crude in the region even cheaper than the already low price of crude. That results in very cheap gasoline, relatively speaking. Reading the last line of the article as quoted above, especially if you already believe in such nonsense, one would think that 55 cents has everything to do with the election, when in reality they have nothing whatsoever to do with each other.

It's easier to draw your own conclusions, especially valid ones, when you have more information about with which to draw them.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Did YOU read the SECOND paragraph? The one that points out that the price tends to decline in election years more so than in non-election years? Which was my point.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Did YOU read the SECOND paragraph?
Yes I did. Thank you for asking. Not only did I read the SECOND paragraph, I read the first line of the third paragraph, which greatly mitigates the SECOND. The point you're trying to make, that a drop in gasoline prices is caused by an upcoming 'important' election, as if politicians somehow have that kind of control over the world price of oil, simply isn't supported by the facts.