Hotel Deals

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
I generally will stay at a hotel on the weekend for a day or two if i dont have a weekend load. I get to watch sports and the simpson lol Share your deals. On I-69 X 168 Super 8 in Imlay Mi. $39.95 with a cdl discount on the weekend! Room included fridge/micro 27" TV and pretty much all the xtras you could think about and clean! They even have 3 themed suites for $89 on sundays with the discount.

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
holy cow, i might stay every night. i thought panthers 20% off at red roof inn was an ok deal. If i can really get 50% off or close to it what a deal!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
motels that are clc charge different prices,you can get as much as half off,some of them want the co-driver to have his own card,we dont stay then.the clc charge is 4.95 per stay,they also charge 1.95 if they find you the room.you can down load the motels or just ask the front desk if they take the card.I use it a lot,you will have to keep track of the charges,they have been known to dbl bill you,but doesnt happen very often

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You can also buy a 3 ring binder copy of the CLC listing for $9.95 but if you have internet access you can look them up for free and it's current not old. You have to shop around sometimes but even with the $5 fee it's still often a very good deal.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
micro-tel has a sleep-nine-get-the-tenth-free going. 45 bucks a nite for a queen size bed. nice rooms. i have 2 down and 7 to go.......and over to you bennett cerf(for you old folks)

rpack41

Expert Expediter
yep we have em here in Texas.
I dont believe they are intended for travelers.
14.gif

MSinger

Expert Expediter
I wish some reputable motel chains had the hourly option. There are two sure ways of getting a load offer. 1) Ordering and just receiving a 16oz steak at Outback. 2) Checking in and setting your "luggage" down in the room of a hotel.

usaf6186

Veteran Expediter
If you have a CDL some places will give you a room for 24hr from the time you check in. Also I think some have a half day rate. Of course you have to ask. They will not volunteer this info. Jerry Lee

FJK1954

Expert Expediter
I use CLC alot..use the internet to find hotels in the area..choose one then CALL THEM DIRECT...dont call clc number...if you call them direct there is no fee to reserve the room. Also can find great deals sometimes on hotwire on weekends..ive stayed at 3-4 star hotels for less than 50.00 many times. frank

rdtrpn

Seasoned Expediter
I use CLC alot..use the internet to find hotels in the area..choose one then CALL THEM DIRECT...dont call clc number...if you call them direct there is no fee to reserve the room. Also can find great deals sometimes on hotwire on weekends..ive stayed at 3-4 star hotels for less than 50.00 many times. frank

i just signed up with them, ill see how it works.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Even with an APU burning oh 1/3 of a gallon an hour @4.65 X 14 hours a day it is still gona run you $21.00 thats still a great deal is savings since running the truck would run you about $65.10.

The point being if you need a shower it is a great bargin than to get the room even with the APU, will run you about $35 with the CLC (depending) take out your tax savings of 25% the room cost you $26.25 cash out of pocket minus the $21.00 in fuel so for $6.25 you got the room. Now you say but the fuel is deducatable as well, and I agree, you though still get a great bang for the buck if you have the time and probably alot more comfortable especially if your in NC, SC, TN, GA, AL, or MS this weekend HOT does not even begin to tell the story, 97F in Charlotte today and SUNNY.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Even with an APU burning oh 1/3 of a gallon an hour @4.65 X 14 hours a day it is still gona run you $21.00 thats still a great deal is savings since running the truck would run you about $65.10.

The point being if you need a shower it is a great bargin than to get the room even with the APU, will run you about $35 with the CLC (depending) take out your tax savings of 25% the room cost you $26.25 cash out of pocket minus the $21.00 in fuel so for $6.25 you got the room. Now you say but the fuel is deducatable as well, and I agree, you though still get a great bang for the buck if you have the time and probably alot more comfortable especially if your in NC, SC, TN, GA, AL, or MS this weekend HOT does not even begin to tell the story, 97F in Charlotte today and SUNNY.

If your in a van and taking the mileage deduction then fuel is not deductable....so a room is pretty good option..we may not burn as much at idle but I firmly believe vans weren't engineered to run on idle that long. Plus motels are 100% tax deductable.

moose

Veteran Expediter
Hi , rdtrpn
it take the card 3 to 5 weeks to arrive by mail to your home add.
you can go back to the CLC web and print out a copy.
some Hotels will not accept this copy,
in that case, you will have to call CLC from the front desk.
also this card is per person , so you can only use it yourself.
when looking at the web site for a hotel , enter the Zip code AND a Search radius .
you can download a statement off the web site for your records, so you dont need to carry the Hotel receipt.
some Hotels dont Have truck Parking.
sleep-well
Moose.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Actually, with the cost of fuel (even for a generator system), the cost of the generator, the cost of a "large" sleeper, i'm not sure if i were to get into this game serious again, I wouldn't just buy a truck with an extended cab (for loging purposes) and have a larger capacity machine, and use clc nearly exclusively for rest. I've had nothing but positive results with them. Some whom don't need the taj to show off, may wanna consider something like this. for times when you are really, really tired and the weather is decent, behind the seat will do just fine.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually, with the cost of fuel (even for a generator system), the cost of the generator, the cost of a "large" sleeper, i'm not sure if i were to get into this game serious again, I wouldn't just buy a truck with an extended cab (for loging purposes) and have a larger capacity machine, and use clc nearly exclusively for rest. I've had nothing but positive results with them. Some whom don't need the taj to show off, may wanna consider something like this. for times when you are really, really tired and the weather is decent, behind the seat will do just fine.

That extra money for these apartments on wheel could rent a lot of motel rooms....