Honda Generators

guido4475

Not a Member
Anyone with a ford van who wants to put an a/c unit in the rear door window, a friend of mine has a real nice frp wood mount that bolts in the window holes directly and a new 6,000 BTU unit for $175.00.... just passing it along..

TonyD

Active Expediter
We have front mounted gen in aluminum box. Keeps theft issue under control. I have scan gauge and dont see temp. Issue. Have 13500 ac. 1366569869387.jpg

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
I like the Yamaha/s because they have a gear driven cam, no timing belt, but, I bought the equivalent Yamaha to the EU2000 and it wouldn't even start my 4800btu window unit and would throw the overload breaker. I turned right around and swapped it for another EU2000. The EF2400 looks like a nice machine tho.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'll be the first to admit I know little about generators and was looking at some cheaper alternatives to the Honda. I was looking at a Sportsmans Series 2000-Watt Portable Generator manual and saw the following about grounding the generator.

Failure to properly ground this generator can result in electrocution.
Ground this generator by tightening the grounding nut against a grounding wire as previously illustrated in Figure 3. A generally acceptable grounding wire is a No. 12 AWG (American Wire Gauge) stranded copper wire. The other end of this grounding wire should be connected to a copper or brass grounding rod that is driven into the earth.

---In the video reviews I was looking at it did not appear that this was being done. Do other generators come with this kind of warning? Anyone come accross or deal with this issue?

Comments :confused:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just got a ryobi 2200 there are 599.00 at home depot. Runs my 12500 BTU full blast with the Gen on economy mode. I did get lucky and found mine new in box for 300.00.

I do have a ryobi 2000 less than five hours on it about a year old I will sell for 300.00. It was 599.00 new.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I just got a ryobi 2200 there are 599.00 at home depot. Runs my 12500 BTU full blast with the Gen on economy mode. I did get lucky and found mine new in box for 300.00.

I do have a ryobi 2000 less than five hours on it about a year old I will sell for 300.00. It was 599.00 new.

Ill give you 50

21cExp

Veteran Expediter

Hey xig, have you found the Ryobi gens to be as quiet as the Hondas when running?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Wouldn't mounting the gen on the front, offset to the right, be similar to having a big co-driver ?

Maybe quieter, gas smells less bothersome.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Yep, very similar. I'm all for strapping noisy, gaseous, co-drivers to the front bumper.