Hollywood

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Does anyone know whether the famous Hollywood sign in the hills is still there? I seem to remember reading that it was removed, having proven to be a little too popular with the "famous last jump" crowd, which would explain why I couldn't find it today, driving all over Hollywood...Hey - I didn't get an address for it, ok?:+ :+

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well I called to ask a freind about it and apparently they took it down to make shelter out of it for the people who were trucked into the city for the protests and lost their way back to the pick up point. The mayor decided it was time to build the shelter with the help of President Carter and his house building team.

If you believe that, well....

Seriously go here

http://www.hollywoodsign.org/

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
Dont feel bad, We couldnt find that stinking sign either a few months ago. We will be hunting it again and making an effort to find it. But i did get to go down sunset strip which was cool.

And in the Pt Cruiser we rented i raced a M8 BMW but I lost. :+

tallcal101

Veteran Expediter
I was having dinner with my good bud's Andrew and Luke Wilson(O's sibblings) a few weeks ago at Lukes new house.The HOLLYWOOD sign is up and recently painted.Can see it from Lukes driveway.Hey Chrri,he may not be your type,but Luke is very available.I told him he needs a script intervention after his last couple of flix.He did not seem to think my comment was very funny.His brother thought it was hilarious and laughed his a** off.

letzrockexpress

Veteran Expediter
I was there about a year and a half ago and it was still there... As I recall it was on a road called Beachwood trail. If you go to Paramount studios, at the southeast corner of the main building you will find Beachwood trail...It is up the hill about a mile and a half or so.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
TC: Luke Wilson is successful, good looking, charming, and pretty funny sometimes - I just saw "Legally Blonde" the other day, and thought he was great, so you're probably right: he's not my type. But hey, feel free to give him my phone number...:p