Holidays and Birthdays

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have a hard time keeping up with birthdays and the holidays. Time seems to pass to quickly and I forget to send out birthday cards. Then comes Christmas and I spend most of my Thanksgiving wrapping gifts to get them mailed as we will not be home in time for Christmas to mail them at that time. I try to get everything planned ahead and ordered so I have a huge pile of gifts that need to be wrapped as soon as I walk through the door. We are lucky our daughter is at home and can bring the boxes in a leave them in our room. It would sure help if I enjoyed wrapping gifts but I would rather stuff them in a brown paper bag and tape the top up! Some how that just does not go ever very well and I hate spending the money on those holiday bags.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Linder, take advantage of the places that offer free giftwrap when you buy the gift, buy the bags when & where they're cheap. (like JR, in North Carolina, or the Dollar Stores), and if you know someone who likes to wrap, (I do, but I'm not volunteering for this one), offer them a few bucks to do it for you - works for me! If all else fails, do the brown paper bag thing, tell them you're an environmentally concious person now, because seeing litter everywhere has changed your outlook - they might go for it...;)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Thanks Cheri but my reputation proceeds me on this one and everyone knows I hate to wrap.

GittinThere

Seasoned Expediter
Linda I wish I could take care of your problem for you!! I love this time of the year, my family always did Christmas up big, and we have continued this with our family. I love wrapping presents, I make most of my bows and fancy up my packages with personal touches. I hope I will have time to do the same this year. The kids are already asking when I'm going to decorate the house! I told them I thought they were in charge of that this year,(hehehe) they didn't laugh. My sister-in-law puts every thing in a gift bag, it's quick, easy, and cheap and looks beautiful. I keep her bags to use over the next year, when I can keep her from trying to take them back! The Dollar Tree is the cheapest place I have found gift bags of all kinds and sizes for a dollar.

Mr.&Mrs.GittinThere
FedEx CC O/O D6758
OOIDA #788426

That's Us, We're Gittin There!====>

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Absolutely! Go to the Dollar Tree and buy multiple sizes of those gift bags. Some of the smaller ones come two or three to a package for a dollar. I don't wrap very well nor do I enjoy it so when I order stuff on line I'll even pay for the wrapping to have it mailed to the house already wrapped. I LOVE the Christmas season but wrapping is another story. My daughter in law buys the solid color gift bags and decorates them with cool stuff but I don't have the eye for it.

India Hamner
FedEx CC
Staying alive is nice, but you can't do that forever. It's HOW you live the life you have while you have it.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
India I agree I love decorating for Christmas and I will have lots on the truck to drive Bob nuts. I have a nice wreath & candy canes on the front a few things on the dash and of course a few stuffed animals on the bed. I also have a Christmas Quilt I made that will go on the bed. I am thinking of putting lights in the windshield while parked but that will really be pushing Bob's buttons! I order most of my gifts on line also but have never checked into having them wrapped. Maybe I can have them shipped to Mrs. Gettinthere's house and then she can make them gorgeous and then FedEx them to me! I just do not have any talent with bags either you should see them it is sad. The dang tissue paper looks like someone just stuffed it into a trash can. I have never been able to make bows so I use curling ribbon now that stuff can be fun. When were at home more often I would spread out my wrapping a little bit so not to become so disgusted with the job. Oh well I will get it done one way or another then I will get into the fun stuff of decorating.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Hey, Linda, why don't you start another thread about decorating the truck for Christmas. I would love to see what everyone is doing. We'll be spending time RIGHT up to Christmas in the truck and I would love some ideas. I have a little wreath over the fridge and I love your idea of the Christmas quilt. Wow! I saw a semi the other day with a wreath lit up on the front of the truck. How do they do that? Cool!

India Hamner
FedEx CC
Staying alive is nice, but you can't do that forever. It's HOW you live the life you have while you have it.

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
At our house ca$h is king, no wrapping required. But it's not just money in a card. i always buy a gag gift and put the money in it in $1,$5 and $10 denominations. One year I put the money in a Chiahead, one year in underwear, that was the year our son thought he wanted to be a Chippendale Dancer. Usually the popular stupid gift of the year works. I know you like to fold paper, that could be fun too.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
My family uses the myfamily.com website to keep up with birthdays , anniversaries and news . They charge about $25 a year but if you post birthdays on the calendar notices appear on the homepage a couple of weeks in advance . You can post photos and send them from the site also .