Hiring Age

Juan

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Are there any companies in dallas,Texas who will hire someone who is 20 for an driver position??

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
There probably are several who will hire under 21, but most will require 21 for interstate work.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In south Texas contact ..
#Jose&Pedrosmidnighthaulers ..

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is that the website??

No, instead of actually being helpful, it's Ntimevan making a joke about illegal alien human smuggling.
Correct meaning ... Research Newbie Section on this site ...
1... you live in Dallas ... you tell me there is no Classified adds in one of the very large newspapers ... maybe Trucking companies looking for drivers ..? They would tell you to young to drive out of state ... but give you some needed experience while driving in Texas ... then who knows you might not like it and just work locally at a factory ... was i trying to discourage you in you efforts ... YES ... this is not a quick rich money grabbing business ... and the quick Short Cut to easy money questions get old ... as my earlier responce was meant any type of out of Texas freight hauled by you would probrably be allowed by someone with illegal intentions ... drugs... human trafficing and etc... you too young to spend your life in jail ..

my Poking sticks are donated by OVM Mfg. of Bison , SD.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dallas is a large city and Texas is a huge state. Why not hire on with a local courier delivery service and gain some driving experience until you are 21 years old. Yeah I know at your age one year is a long time but trust me, the older you get, the shorter a year is. I've got E-track older than you.

Reactions: Grizzly

Juan

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Dallas is a large city and Texas is a huge state. Why not hire on with a local courier delivery service and gain some driving experience until you are 21 years old. Yeah I know at your age one year is a long time but trust me, the older you get, the shorter a year is. I've got E-track older than you.

I've looked at many job openings locally and nothing... they all have age requirements

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I've looked at many job openings locally and nothing... they all have age requirements
Part of the reasons are insurance issues. Insurance companies may not cover you .

Reactions: Grizzly

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

How about dock/loading work at UPS or Amazon until you turn 21? Any employment in the transportation industry should look good on a résumé.

Reactions: TeamPaul