Hino vs. Freightliner

Brunno

Rookie Expediter
...:)) Brunno....:)) my name...i did not know it can be an issue. We just want to get some new info about the transportation industry. To get more knowlege from you guys to better succeed. Right now we are in need of the new Straight Truck under 26k grossweight and we have to make a decission if we should invest in to Hino, FL, FORD, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Isuzu , International or other. Money is always limited so your feedback is crutial to us. Thank you and have a good day.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
...:)) Brunno....:)) my name...i did not know it can be an issue. We just want to get some new info about the transportation industry. To get more knowlege from you guys to better succeed. Right now we are in need of the new Straight Truck under 26k grossweight and we have to make a decission if we should invest in to Hino, FL, FORD, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Isuzu , International or other. Money is always limited so your feedback is crutial to us. Thank you and have a good day.

One criteria that I'd look at: Who will be doing the maintenance and repairs, and are they any good at it? For example, if your local FL dealer is a bunch of idiots, then I wouldn't buy a FL.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic

If you are thinking of a NEW Hino, the 2013 COEs and 2015 conventionals have improved the dpf heating system. While a massive amount of effort was put into getting the 11-14 burner system working reliably (and they are reliable now), the 2015 is going to utilize a different setup (similar to the COE trucks) and those things are even more reliable yet.