Highway Songs

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
One of the best albums of all time IMV. Good open road song.....

Eagles Doolin Daltin Outlaw Man - YouTube

Probably remember Tequila Sunrise and Desperado.....but these were not even the best off that album; from a technical/musical standpoint. Acoustics are outstanding.

Full album tells a story, and a very nice road trip....to this day. Gotta love the banjo, and the strategic placement thereof. For the young ones out there? I think you'll like it....:D :cool:

Even the women might find this story kinda fun.

Eagles - Desperado (1973) Full Album - YouTube

Last edited:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Of I'm I'm a hurry its "Foo Fighters Greatest Hits". If not its "shuffle" thru Social D, Cash, Waylon, Willie, DKMs, Pogues, and many more.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yes, that album IMO is their best. I dont have a favourite song, the whole album is great!

"Freedom? Oh freedom. That's just some people talkin'. Your prison is walking through this world all alone"

Don Henley is a fantastic lyricist. His solo work is amazing as well.

Last edited:

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Yes, that album IMO is their best. I dont have a favourite song, the whole album is great!

"Freedom? Oh freedom. That's just some people talkin'. Your prison is walking through this world all alone"

Don Henley is a fantastic lyricist. His solo work is amazing as well.

Yup. And don't wade too deep....in Bitter Creek?

The lyrics on this album are unmatched in today's so called music. Stopped listening to them after they acquired Joe Walsh because they no longer had the unique sound brought by Bernie Leadon and Randy Meiser.

Though Henley and Frey moved on with good solo careers......didn't appreciate at all what they did to the other two members of the original band. Desperado is good clean fun, and a classic.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I learned something today...

I've always liked "The Breeze" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I never knew it was a JJ Cale tune. Funny how they get the recognition after they're gone. Check it out - toe tapping goodness.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I learned something today...
So did I! I was baffled by your line: "Funny how they get the recognition after they're gone." I was pretty sure J.J. Cale wasn't dead and was positive most of Lynyrd Skynyrd was dead. I googled him. Sure enough he died a couple of days ago.

I've always liked "The Breeze" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
I didn't know Lynyrd Skynyrd did a cover of "The Breeze". It shouldn't be a surprise though, just about everyone who was ever anyone in rock was influenced by J.J. Cale.

Maverick

Seasoned Expediter
Well, since I'm a big big Joe Walsh fan, I'll have to disagree with you on that one. :)

Well, he's no Alex Lifeson, but would do for a Saturday night bar gig. LOL :D

Was speaking toward how the early style changed....upon the acquisition.

Monty

Expert Expediter
I guess my music selections differ from most. Here is the type of music I wanted to listen to as the miles slipped away.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you get a chance, have a listen to the album "white mansions". A tale of the American civil war with recording artists taking on the personas of the type of people that existed in the south back then, from the rich plantation owners all the way down to the white trash and the slaves.

Waylon Jennings, Jessie colter, Eric Clapton, Bernie Leadon all played on it. Was also produced by Glyn Johns (of Eagles fame) among others. The album also has a storybook that goes with it. Just a fantastic album and another one of my all time favorites.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Of I'm I'm a hurry its "Foo Fighters Greatest Hits". If not its "shuffle" thru Social D, Cash, Waylon, Willie, DKMs, Pogues, and many more.

Great play list sir, might I suggest. Jonny Lang, some 3 doors down, and some five finger death punch for any Chicago or ATL traffic

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Great play list sir, might I suggest. Jonny Lang, some 3 doors down, and some five finger death punch for any Chicago or ATL traffic

Personally Drowning Pool Let the bodies hit the floor is my favorite traffic song!

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Ill try them all!! I go thru the library system for my music. Van get some great obscure stuff. The system is pretty stocked.