HIgh, Gusty winds

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Be careful if you are driving through Michigan today. There is going to be a windstorm. They are predicting west to south west winds of 15-35mph with gusts of 45-50mph. The winds are already howling and it will get worse as the day wears on. They should die down by midnight

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
That is exactly Why I didn't take back off with my boat to finish my little Vacation! Yesterday the waves were rolling to about 5 feet and now today they are calling for 5-6 foot waves with gusting South west winds.. Oh well, There's always tomorrow.:(

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Be careful if you are driving through Michigan today. There is going to be a windstorm. They are predicting west to south west winds of 15-35mph with gusts of 45-50mph. The winds are already howling and it will get worse as the day wears on. They should die down by midnight

Been howling here in Rogers Mn since last early evening...

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
And for once it's quiet on the prairie..sun's shining and looks to be just a little breeze, but it's only 40 degrees.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That is exactly Why I didn't take back off with my boat to finish my little Vacation! Yesterday the waves were rolling to about 5 feet and now today they are calling for 5-6 foot waves with gusting South west winds.. Oh well, There's always tomorrow.:(

Yep, these are STRONG late fall or winter pattern winds. Look for yet ANOTHER Seiche today. Very early for this to be going on.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Yep, these are STRONG late fall or winter pattern winds. Look for yet ANOTHER Seiche today. Very early for this to be going on.

I hope they die down soon because I Only have about another week left before I have to go back to work for the Farmers and would really like to get back out to the Islands before then! :D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I hope they die down soon because I Only have about another week left before I have to go back to work for the Farmers and would really like to get back out to the Islands before then! :D

The next 3 or 4 days should be good, once this one lays down and the water comes back.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I'm thinking that after my little get away this week that it won't be long before I have to pull it out for the Winter:(
I would like to get in some Perch fishing before I do though.
Last year I held off until Mid October but don't know if I'll get that lucky again. Guess I'll just have to keep an eyeball on the weather and see.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm thinking that after my little get away this week that it won't be long before I have to pull it out for the Winter:(
I would like to get in some Perch fishing before I do though.
Last year I held off until Mid October but don't know if I'll get that lucky again. Guess I'll just have to keep an eyeball on the weather and see.

That's kinda funny, our boats don't even go IN until October!! :D

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
That's kinda funny, our boats don't even go IN until October!! :D

Uh Huh, That's because you guys like to freeze waitin for them ducks:D Not me, Too cold on the water that time of year for me. If I want to eat Duck then I'll buy it at a nice warm restuarant.:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Uh Huh, That's because you guys like to freeze waitin for them ducks:D Not me, Too cold on the water that time of year for me. If I want to eat Duck then I'll buy it at a nice warm restuarant.:)

It's NEVER cold when you are duck hunting!! Domestic duck? YEEEWWW! Greasy, nasty things!! LOL!!! Wild duck is nice and LEAN, NO GREASE!!