Hi All, Have a Question?

08CareerOTR

Seasoned Expediter
Hi Everyone, I have a question? Do Expediter Company have a ( Year) a Cube van needs to be?? like will they take me with a older van or they want newer van???.....Again I am working on my C-CDL, going this week to get C-CDL Learners.....and Hope maybe this will help get me in Vans (Cargo)..;)

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Many consider a five year old van to be near the end of it's working life for the purpose of entering the business, particularly with a van that has no known history of reliability. A newer expediter van is often allowed a lease extention beyond five years if the owner has displayed a good service and maintenence record

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
With a cube van, I'd make sure tht the company that you're looking at accepts such. Many demand vehicles bigger than cargo van be dock high. Cube vans are cute, easy to park and I run one myself (not for long), but the gears are not set up for long highway runnin', and the trannys really aren't made to haul the 5000 required to be a C unit most places. Even with a newer one, you may find yourself stuck and not able to transfer to another carrier if the need arises.