Hey "y'all" it's October

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Talk about a stick In the eye. I was walking around the edge of the parking lot as they were putting down the new asphalt to get to the back building and I looked up and....bam...stick in the eye. Well ended up in the ER with a pretty nice scratch on my cornea. Now that is not a comfortable experience. Doing a little better tonight. My neighbor is an opthamolagist and he came over. Put some different drops in and a contact lens to cover the scratch. It helped a lot. Still not good but wow was it a bad day.

W

Windsor

Talk about a stick In the eye. I was walking around the edge of the parking lot as they were putting down the new asphalt to get to the back building and I looked up and....bam...stick in the eye. Well ended up in the ER with a pretty nice scratch on my cornea. Now that is not a comfortable experience. Doing a little better tonight. My neighbor is an opthamolagist and he came over. Put some different drops in and a contact lens to cover the scratch. It helped a lot. Still not good but wow was it a bad day.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Hello everyone,
I am now officially a member of Load 1. Truck #3215. Should have happened a week ago but I had to take care of some personal issues. Will change my signature line once I'm on my laptop and figure out how to do it.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You are correct not the other driver.

So your saying the guy who dispatch gets 3 loads in a week can get 4 layover days but if dispatch doesn't get you a single load you only get 2. That's adding insult to injury.

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
I was under the impression we pod'd out, from that time as long as no turn downs/200 from home we claimed 2 days layover then waited 24 hrs then claimed 2 more and the cycle repeated in that fashion. Is there a difference between the policy for different units ???

guido4475

Not a Member
So your saying the guy who dispatch gets 3 loads in a week can get 4 layover days but if dispatch doesn't get you a single load you only get 2. That's adding insult to injury.

I see what you're saying, but, at the same time, I am like, let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. Be happy with what we get to begin with...Who else does this?....

guido4475

Not a Member
I was under the impression we pod'd out, from that time as long as no turn downs/200 from home we claimed 2 days layover then waited 24 hrs then claimed 2 more and the cycle repeated in that fashion. Is there a difference between the policy for different units ???

You're the 3rd person I have read/heard this from. I never heard of that till today, even though I have been told I discussed this before. Which I swear was not the case. But what do I know?

Wolfeman68

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
No, it's always been a max of two days layover. The only difference between units is the 10 hour reset straights and tractors have to do. If additional layovers were paid, it was probably a mistake.

guido4475

Not a Member

I can relate as well and am glad it is almost over also. I hope you get better soon.

guido4475

Not a Member
No, it's always been a max of two days layover. The only difference between units is the 10 hour reset straights and tractors have to do. If additional layovers were paid, it was probably a mistake.

The driver who made me aware of this to begin with says he always got paid for the way he is claiming the layover pay. I asked him twice. That is why I questioned it to begin with on here.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That does make for a bad day, hope you feel better soon.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I see what you're saying, but, at the same time, I am like, let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. Be happy with what we get to begin with...Who else does this?....

No one's looking a gift horse in the mouth at all. I was eligible for two layover days last week and didn't claim either one. I think most drivers are very fair about it just like the company tries to be.

Honestly it's a little hard to track what layover days we do get paid for because they often seem to be behind in crediting them.

The best solution to the discussion, a loaded truck every day.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
spent the afternoon in Toledo at Waynes...all new pulleys and tensioner plus belt just for giggles and a new alternator while he had the belt off or was that the other way around?.....LOL.....clutch WAS seized as suspected....Then over to Verizon as phone was freezing up/locking up....seems to happen with the 5S model spent until 830pm at the store downloading the upgrade and then till now downloading and reloading all my apps...which HAS to be done thru wifi only if downloading from your ICloud backup.....what joy....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
No one's looking a gift horse in the mouth at all. I was eligible for two layover days last week and didn't claim either one. I think most drivers are very fair about it just like the company tries to be.

Honestly it's a little hard to track what layover days we do get paid for because they often seem to be behind in crediting them.

The best solution to the discussion, a loaded truck every day.

I have no problem with that.....FV always shows the date they fell on...I leave them on my QC till paid and then delete them...

W

Windsor

I only turn in probably about half the layover days I'm eligible for. Not sure why really, I just don't think about it for some reason. Maybe I'll go back and figure out all the days I didn't turn in and turn them all in at once, think they'll pay me?