Here comes December...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
1917093_717193961748769_3508595736844113787_n.jpg

.......:p

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Awful today 7 offers no one wants to pay diddly best I had was to philly at 1.35 no thanks tolls alone are 50.00
100 deadhead back towards ky and a full load 8000 lbs not a good deal now if it was going to toledo or somewhere in much I might have counter offered

Last edited:
Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I got lucky I only had to unload 1 by hand and that's because I caught it before it fell. But live unload by the company just sitting and waiting getting a history lesson from my trainer about the old Mack truck this place has sitting beside us. View attachment 12810
That's not old. It's an R model built sometime after the early 1970's. I've driven older Macks.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was it as smooth riding as I imagine? Lol
Oh yeah, single axle, leaf springs, split bench seat, armstrong steering and a two stick gearbox. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter. In retrospect I feel fortunate to have had a taste of what trucking was like in the 1950s even though this was the late 1970s.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Oh yeah, single axle, leaf springs, split bench seat, armstrong steering and a two stick gearbox. Hot in the summer and cold in the winter. In retrospect I feel fortunate to have had a taste of what trucking was like in the 1950s even though this was the late 1970s.
So I guess me starting off with an automatic 2014 165k miles APU equipped freightliner with power and heated everything is bad? Lol. I get what you mean but I have that 1990 FLD from cdl school for that

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I drove for an LTL carrier for 13 years driving Ford 9000s. Many of those years were doing city P&D, early start "volume" loads. I spent lots of hours at grocery houses sleeping over the wheel in the parking lot, on the clock. I took so many naps that at times I thought I was a Teamster. I'd come home at night and my wife would say: "Have a good nap today", because I had the Ford blue oval embossed on my forehead. It wasn't blue of course, but it did resemble the pic below.
ford%202_zpsauwzbhti.png