Help truck stop caused my truck to blow up

bee123

Seasoned Expediter
I am looking for any owners that have had any problems with truck stops changing there oil and not torq. the plug in and losing all your oil and blowing up your truck. What can I do about this. I would like to sue them but I am knocking heads with a big corp. and would like to here from someone who has had this happen to them and how they went about getting there money back for all the repairs and lost earning for the truck. I had a lawyer he was afraid to take on the case . He did not think I would get enough money out of it. The people who fixed the truck states right on the statement do to lost oil plug. :'(

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
First thing, Bee: welcome to EO!
Second thing: this is the Tech Forum, for technology - the Forum you want is Truck Topics.
Third thing: before posting on Truck Topics, please read the threads, because your issue sounds similar to some that are currently posted. Good luck, hope you get it resolved.

bee123

Seasoned Expediter
sorry I am new and did not know where to post this I am trying to get some help on this issue. This has been very costly to me. And these truck stop just keep taking advantage of us. I am tired of this and someone needs to stand up to them. This is the second time in 2 months I have had a truck stop do some work for me and screw my truck up. And its happened several times in the past. They do stuff for you and you go down the road and they know you might not ever get back there so they just throw the part on and who know what will happen.

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
That's why when their servicing your truck, you stay out there with them........make sure they're doing everything the right way.
I never left the truck in the lube bay without me being there.........
Numerous times I'd have to tell them, "you missed that grease fitting"......etc........Ask questions. Don't just leave them to do what they want........

Your paying for it! Make sure they're doing all that their supposed to.

bee123

Seasoned Expediter
thank you for your response. I know that you are suppose to look everything over. But when you have drivers that do not always do that. The place that did the oil change had the driver get in the truck and start it while he supposedly torq. the plug while driver was in the truck. On the bottom of the statement it has a boxs for the tech. to check when he has went over the it with the driver. None of the boxes where checked because he did not do that with the driver . What I am trying to figure out at this time is weather I have a good chance to sue or should I just cut my losses and go one leason learned. Would like to find a good lawyer that believes in truck owners.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Bee: Lawyers believe in money; if you have money they will believe in you. I think your best bet is to find a driver that understands how to properly operate a truck, not just drive it. Also, a driver that believes in treating your equipment as though it was his, or hers.

You might be better off treating this episode as an expensive lesson and get on with getting on.