HELP have a simple question about passing DOT inspection.

Taylor506

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
So, I found out yesterday that (after messing with the radio and breaking it) that no dash lights (blinkers, seat belt, leaving key in etc...) cause any noise to be made. I.e. clicking when the blinkers are on. BUT, everything still works perfectly fine! Just no audio indicators, only visual.

All I want to know is will that be okay? (Recruiting for the company I'm signing on for is closed today apparently)

I know nobody can say for certain, I just need honest opinions.

Thank you expressly for your replies!

Edit 1: I plan on heading out to their office on Sunday afternoon for Tuesday morning. I'll be halfway come Sunday evening/Monday morning. If I find out Monday that the audio queues have to work then I'll have to come all the way back. (Not super far, just five hours) cause the part i need to fix what I broke is coming in Tuesday.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
What kind of vehicle? If we are talking about a straight truck, the only noise inside the truck that needs to be functioning is the low air alarm. If that works you should be good.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Taylor506

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
What kind of vehicle? If we are talking about a straight truck, the only noise inside the truck that needs to be functioning is the low air alarm. If that works you should be good.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Sprinter Van

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
where are you coming from. I would stop at a shop who would be able to hook your unit to computer and see what is what.. could be as simple as a fuse be out.

Reactions: Taylor506