Help, Classroom DVD about trucking.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I have to talk to three 8th grade classrooms in Feb about careers in trucking. I have looked about everywhere for a dvd or other about this subject. Can anyone tell me where to find something like this.
I need some help because I don't think I can talk for 30 min's about trucking. I know, I know only 30 minutes?
Appreciate the help.
Would be even better if it included Expediting.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Well, you could show them Hoffa, the 1992 movie with Jack Nicholson & Danny DeVito. That should give them good insight into the trucking business. :D

There's this, but I haven't seen it. I have seen Twenty Trucks, though. More for younger kids, but there might be something in there you can use.

Might be some stuff on YouTube you could use, too.

jball64

Seasoned Expediter
Have you tried your local library? Ours has a career area for kids. Yours might have the same. What about making a short video yourself. Over the course of a couple trips you could have hours of info you could show over their equipment.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Have you tried your local library? Ours has a career area for kids. Yours might have the same. What about making a short video yourself. Over the course of a couple trips you could have hours of info you could show over their equipment.

I have checked the library as well as everything else I know of. Thanks.
Hoffa is longer than the class, and then it would take an hour for them to figure out who Hoffa was.