hello june.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
White/clear vinger will kill the black mold but you need to use a dehumfiryer as well .

Yeah, but my daughter has allergies, and one of my grand daughters has slight asthma... the walls looked like they were friggin painted.

We're talking 3-5 feet wide, floor to ceiling..several spots ( semi finished basement) .. ugh. No mention of it in the inspection, because of all the crap stored in front of it.

We had planned to paint the walls and use it as a rec room.

Dale

W

Windsor

Guido! Are you gonna break the 200hr sitting mark tomorrow? I'll be at 170 something. At least we won't have to buy tires till 2015 sometime.

W

Windsor

There's no reason for it to be this hot, ever! Can't get any sleep. This Irish boy from up north really hates summer and I really hate summer in Laredo Texas.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, but my daughter has allergies, and one of my grand daughters has slight asthma... the walls looked like they were friggin painted.

We're talking 3-5 feet wide, floor to ceiling..several spots ( semi finished basement) .. ugh. No mention of it in the inspection, because of all the crap stored in front of it.

Dale

If the mold was between the walls the house was screwed....all the walls would have to be replaced.....forget that place unless they wanted a $1.00 for it!....

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
Well. Crap. On to the next plan.. too many delays and issues, we cancelled the contract on the house..

Among the contract issues that kept cropping up, once the sellers moved their crap out of the basement... "hmmmm.. what's that black crap growing on the walls??????"

Dale

Run!! Run as fast as you can...don't deal with the mold. It will return like a bad habit.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using EO Forums mobile app

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'd take .88 all day to get out of there on a ONE TIME BASIS....it costs money to sit too...and WE all know that fact....so if your one that wants to quibble over a couple pennies...be my guest and sit there....IMO of course....
Keep in mind NOT every van has the same CPM.....NOT every O/O has the same needs...

Have a great day!!
10402917_3719347041502921_5397466211600465221_n.jpg......thumbnailCA5SS7V2.jpg

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
3 varied answers on the claycomo July shut down.

Guard shack lady says one side shut down two weeks one side one week.
Good looking lady who found.me a fork lift driver said only the suckups are working.
Fork lift driver said he is working, oops.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
3 varied answers on the claycomo July shut down.

Guard shack lady says one side shut down two weeks one side one week.
Good looking lady who found.me a fork lift driver said only the suckups are working.
Fork lift driver said he is working, oops.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

Isn't the F150 being remodelled with that new all aluminum frame?....and the Transit is just getting cranked up....???

guido4475

Not a Member
Guido! Are you gonna break the 200hr sitting mark tomorrow? I'll be at 170 something. At least we won't have to buy tires till 2015 sometime.

We'll get out of here. My record here was back in January of this year. 12 days. But, business was better than, and it was ugly weather up north. I didn't care than. But now, My license plates expire by the end of this month. And deadheading out of here, even with paid fuel, would financially cripple me. The days are counting down now.And bills are starting to pile up, both mine and my parents, as I have been paying as many of theirs as I can for awhile now.I do not think I will be coming back here anytime soon, as I have been trying to get back into the so-called freight lanes, where ever they may be, since I took that load from home to Colorado.I have literally been west of the 35 corridor since than. But, as so many of us have discussed on the phone, as slow as it is, when a load going down here comes up, it is real hard to say no to a couple thousand dollar run. It's a love/hate relationship. Kinda like re-kindling a marriage with a cheating spouse, hoping they don't cheat again.....

guido4475

Not a Member
I'd take .88 all day to get out of there on a ONE TIME BASIS....it costs money to sit too...and WE all know that fact....so if your one that wants to quibble over a couple pennies...be my guest and sit there....IMO of course....
Keep in mind NOT every van has the same CPM.....NOT every O/O has the same needs...

Have a great day!!
View attachment 9479......View attachment 9480

Ziggi and I had a debate, a difference of opinion over this. And, after realizing I was basically contradicting myself by thinking the way I was, by not coming out of here for less than normal rates, but willing to take so-called "Cargo Van rates", in any other area, or situation,which pay better than most other companies Sprinter pay, I may add, you both are correct. Taking a little loss is better than sitting this long. I have spent close to $80.00 in campground fees so far. John paid the first $100.00 in the form of layover pay.Even with running the generator, with the rooftop a/c running, which is doing a stellar job in this 100 degree heat, plugging in at a campground is so much cheaper than running the generator,(Campground 22 bucks a day) along with unlimited free showers, that are awesome down here, and having the whole bathroom to myself, with the exception of an occasional 4 inch wide furry spider once in awhile, it isn't too bad..ultra quiet....dark....

W

Windsor

Last week I had a pipe dream that I was gonna go get my AC fixed soon, but the way things are going I realized that's not gonna happen......maybe next summer! He'll I'm tryin to figure out how to keep my electric on at home (get my AC fixed) what the hell was I thinkin. Lmao

W

Windsor

A guy who is a friend of mine got a load out of here Friday to NC and I wake up today and he's parked next to me. I think to myself "u gotta be frickin kidding me" so since I said goodbye to him on Friday afternoon he's made a few thousand bucks. I'm happy for my friend but.....really!!! WTF!!!

W

Windsor

All the money I spend at the flyin J they got a lot of nerve gettin ****ed at me for tryin to put up a mail box in front of my truck. Geez!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ziggi and I had a debate, a difference of opinion over this. And, after realizing I was basically contradicting myself by thinking the way I was, by not coming out of here for less than normal rates, but willing to take so-called "Cargo Van rates", in any other area, or situation,which pay better than most other companies Sprinter pay, I may add, you both are correct. Taking a little loss is better than sitting this long. I have spent close to $80.00 in campground fees so far. John paid the first $100.00 in the form of layover pay.Even with running the generator, with the rooftop a/c running, which is doing a stellar job in this 100 degree heat, plugging in at a campground is so much cheaper than running the generator,(Campground 22 bucks a day) along with unlimited free showers, that are awesome down here, and having the whole bathroom to myself, with the exception of an occasional 4 inch wide furry spider once in awhile, it isn't too bad..ultra quiet....dark....

Being even considered as being "right" was an accident...sorry bout that....LOL

guido4475

Not a Member
All the money I spend at the flyin J they got a lot of nerve gettin ****ed at me for tryin to put up a mail box in front of my truck. Geez!!!

Another advantage of a campground. They will actually intercept mail for you while camping out.

kurtkaoss

Active Expediter

Dale

Dale, I used to do water damage / mold remediation work when I lived in Florida. You need a good anti-microbial spray, a good scrubbing, and then paint with Killz. INbox me if you need any additional info.