hello june.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Kidney stones suck.

Just sayin.

on a good note, my van is ready to go as soon as I can get out of bed...

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Kidney stones suck.

Just sayin.

on a good note, my van is ready to go as soon as I can get out of bed...

Dale

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app

You mean to tell me you allowed a kidney stone to put you in bed?
I bet you rolled up in a ball too.

I know I always do. Lol

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning everyone. Looks like some rough weather for the midwest last night and some more coming today. You all be safe out there!!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Can you imagine app software that is interactive with Sylectus/Fleetvision where your phone would be your truck master box.....Instead of that bulky box we have now?...Our phones would have all the keyboard functions....The less costs associated with that box for a carrier over time.....The person that would invest in such software development would be a real innovator of this industry.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Can you imagine app software that is interactive with Sylectus/Fleetvision where your phone would be your truck master box.....Instead of that bulky box we have now?...Our phones would have all the keyboard functions....The less costs associated with that box for a carrier over time.....The person that would invest in such software development would be a real innovator of this industry.

Lots of really good mobile apps out there. Sylectus has one. Heck the old nextel integration was pretty good. But alas they are not commercial grade and enterprise level and the most common weak point was simply the phone had an off button. Too often used when a unit was late or other situations, or left it home, or battery died.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Larger customers look for true tracking vs cell phone tracking. They can normally figure out the difference pretty quick. It is easy to look at the satellite tracking as an expense, but on the flip side is it also a sales tool that generates revenue for your unit? We could look at customer service as an expense the same way. Is it an expense or an investment to generate sales and revenue. I don't like to spend either, I prefer to invest.

I think systems will keep evolving. I would anticipate the box in the truck will do less and less but will be the location tracker and the communication portal. I think phones and tablets will blue tooth to it and companies will develop the software to go on them. The phones and tablets will be the input unit and the brains to an extent (other than tracking and data push).

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was without a QC for a week. Fax BOL, drive to a fax. Dispatch didn't know where I was have the time. Phone calls for updates. I will be more than happy to pay the money for a QC.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Larger customers look for true tracking vs cell phone tracking. They can normally figure out the difference pretty quick. It is easy to look at the satellite tracking as an expense, but on the flip side is it also a sales tool that generates revenue for your unit? We could look at customer service as an expense the same way. Is it an expense or an investment to generate sales and revenue. I don't like to spend either, I prefer to invest.

I think systems will keep evolving. I would anticipate the box in the truck will do less and less but will be the location tracker and the communication portal. I think phones and tablets will blue tooth to it and companies will develop the software to go on them. The phones and tablets will be the input unit and the brains to an extent (other than tracking and data push).

That is exactly what I was saying.....a portal for our use.....The Location tracker would still be the same.....technically there should be no need for them big bulky boxes....

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
That is exactly what I was saying.....a portal for our use.....The Location tracker would still be the same.....technically there should be no need for them big bulky boxes....

I am guessing within the next two to three years that is what it will evolve too. I know they are already working on developing the platforms for it right now. I see the tablet becoming the next head unit...

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am guessing within the next two to three years that is what it will evolve too. I know they are already working on developing the platforms for it right now. I see the tablet becoming the next head unit...

that could be a real plus for Load 1....the operator would be responsible for the head unit/tablet...there would be less to install in truck/van and no more of them costly repairs to unit!....

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After completing my service work on the van, loaded up in Ohio with Georgia on my mind :)

1expeditor

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
After completing my service work on the van, loaded up in Ohio with Georgia on my mind :)[/QUO
[/COL
Well I hate to do it to whoever is sitting in Laredo so I apologize that I am planning
to bump you had enough of San Antonio :p
Texas..Love it or please I wanna leave it soon lol

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Word of the night and morning..... THUNDER! Man it has been rumbling loud and hard non stop.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are in the wrong biz this place wants a $250.00 lumper fee to unload a van. That's 83.00 a pallet. Nice work if you can get it.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
We are in the wrong biz this place wants a $250.00 lumper fee to unload a van. That's 83.00 a pallet. Nice work if you can get it.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123
Had that happen once to JuJu and I...at a CVS distribution center in Texas...

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
WOOOO HOOOOO! Scanning of customs paperwork is coming! Probably be up and running mid to end of July!

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Detroit to Claycomo. A forklift battery. Placarded HAZMAT. Big Bucks. Woot. :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
thank goodness..slow poke.....took ya long enough.....LOL

Well............not every corporation tries to move as "expeditiously" as Load One! This project involved more companies than just mine to make it happen. Granted I have to write the check....

Last edited: