Gunman opens fire at IHOP diner in Carson City, Nevada

EnglishLady

Veteran Expediter
BBC

A gunman has opened fire on diners at a pancake restaurant in the Nevada state capital of Carson City, wounding at least seven people.

The attack took place at a branch of the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) restaurant chain at 09:00 (16:00 GMT), said police.

Carson City Sheriff Kenny Furlong told the Associated Press news agency the gunman was among those wounded.

He added that the shooter was "probably going to die".

The attacker's motive was not immediately clear.

Special Agent Patrick Turner, spokesman for the FBI Nevada office in Las Vegas, said seven people had been wounded. It was believed that only one shooter was involved in the incident.

The police and FBI have descended on the restaurant along South Carson Street, also known as US 395, the city's main route.

Witnesses said a man with a rifle pulled up outside the IHOP, shot at a man on a motorcyle and then walked inside the restaurant, reports the Associated Press.

The owner of a nearby diner told the Reno-Journal Gazette that the man left after several minutes and continued firing in the nearby shopping centre.

There is an unconfirmed report in the Las Vegas Review-Journal that several people had died in the shooting

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
IMHO: That guy should have never left the restaurant alive if u read the data below. The folks in Nevada can choose to carry if they want to, its a choice.

Nevada Concealed Carry CCW Laws and Information

Right-To-Carry Law Type: Shall Issue. Nevada has no law prohibiting open carry. Consequently, open carry is allowed insofar as it is not prohibited. There are conditions. For instance, Clark County requires all County residents to register their handguns. Although the law does not require you to carry your blue gun registration card, it may be advisable to do so. Some cities such as North Las Vegas and Boulder City have "deadly weapon" laws, and you could be cited or arrested if you pass through their jurisdictions with a firearm in your vehicle. State law appears to supersede those local ordinances but we hear they�re still being enforced on the street. You must have a valid permit to carry concealed. The make model and caliber of each semi-automatic is to be listed on the permit, whereas all revolvers and derringers are generically listed. An individual may an unlimited number of weapons listed on their permit.

Please check our Forum section for Nevada. More specific information is being updated by VegasGeorge as the Moderator.

Nevada Constitution provides for gun ownership

Proud Sponsor of the NV Law Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss Nevada in the Nevada Forum
State Legal Statute Source:
NRS 202.360
State Department Locations:
Last Revised: January 2, 2011

Office of the Attorney General
100 N. Carson Street
Carson City, Nevada 89701-4717
Phone: (775)684-1100
Fax: (775) 684-1108
Email: [email protected]

State/Federal Park Locations:
This is being updated soon.
Permit Costs & Info:
$105 5 years; 3 years non-resident
Issuing Authority: County Sheriff

Click Here for CCW Permit Form
Open Carry Information:
Nevada is a traditional open carry state with seemingly complete state preemption of firearms laws. However, several localities have passed and are enforcing "Deadly Weapons" laws which appear to conflict with the preemption laws. Were this not the case, Nevada would qualify as a "Gold Star" open carry state. Please see OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! ....
Nevada CCW Reciprocity Map

States that Honor Nevada's CCW Permit:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan*, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont*, West Virginia

* Honors RESIDENTIAL Nevada permits only.

State CCW Permits that Nevada Honors:
Alaska, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia,

Frequently Asked CCW Questions:

No frequently asked questions found.

Bookmark and Share:

Disclaimer: By using this site, you agree to hold harmless Designs by Kylie LLC, CarryConcealed.net's web host, East Bay Defensive Pistol Association (EBDPA), Carry Concealed LLC, and CarryConcealed.net volunteer contributors. The information on this site should be considered "as-is" and is not guaranteed to be accurate in any way. The maintainers of this site make an effort, when possible, to try to verify the information, but we are not lawyers

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
IMHO: That guy should have never left the restaurant alive if u read the data below.

Nevada Concealed Carry CCW Laws and Information

Right-To-Carry Law Type: Shall Issue. Nevada has no law prohibiting open carry. Consequently, open carry is allowed insofar as it is not prohibited. There are conditions. For instance, Clark County requires all County residents to register their handguns. Although the law does not require you to carry your blue gun registration card, it may be advisable to do so. Some cities such as North Las Vegas and Boulder City have "deadly weapon" laws, and you could be cited or arrested if you pass through their jurisdictions with a firearm in your vehicle. State law appears to supersede those local ordinances but we hear they�re still being enforced on the street. You must have a valid permit to carry concealed. The make model and caliber of each semi-automatic is to be listed on the permit, whereas all revolvers and derringers are generically listed. An individual may an unlimited number of weapons listed on their permit.

Please check our Forum section for Nevada. More specific information is being updated by VegasGeorge as the Moderator.

Nevada Constitution provides for gun ownership

Proud Sponsor of the NV Law Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss Nevada in the Nevada Forum
State Legal Statute Source:
NRS 202.360
State Department Locations:
Last Revised: January 2, 2011

Office of the Attorney General
100 N. Carson Street
Carson City, Nevada 89701-4717
Phone: (775)684-1100
Fax: (775) 684-1108
Email: [email protected]

State/Federal Park Locations:
This is being updated soon.
Permit Costs & Info:
$105 5 years; 3 years non-resident
Issuing Authority: County Sheriff

Click Here for CCW Permit Form
Open Carry Information:
Nevada is a traditional open carry state with seemingly complete state preemption of firearms laws. However, several localities have passed and are enforcing "Deadly Weapons" laws which appear to conflict with the preemption laws. Were this not the case, Nevada would qualify as a "Gold Star" open carry state. Please see OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost! ....
Nevada CCW Reciprocity Map

States that Honor Nevada's CCW Permit:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan*, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont*, West Virginia

* Honors RESIDENTIAL Nevada permits only.

State CCW Permits that Nevada Honors:
Alaska, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia,

Frequently Asked CCW Questions:

No frequently asked questions found.

Bookmark and Share:

Disclaimer: By using this site, you agree to hold harmless Designs by Kylie LLC, CarryConcealed.net's web host, East Bay Defensive Pistol Association (EBDPA), Carry Concealed LLC, and CarryConcealed.net volunteer contributors. The information on this site should be considered "as-is" and is not guaranteed to be accurate in any way. The maintainers of this site make an effort, when possible, to try to verify the information, but we are not lawyers

I don't understand your comment. There is no law saying the public must carry.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I don't understand your comment. There is no law saying the public must carry.

I am just saying protect yourself as much as possible. Its your decision. That shooter could have killed many more people and no one was armed or at least if they were armed did not draw their gun. You will always be your on first responder for yourself and your family while the police are trying to figure out where you are located and time is not on your side. You are right , the public does not have to carry, its a choice.:D

The gunman only used an AK 47 assault rifle , so there was nothing to worry about,,ok, u all can go on to Wally World now, its safe there.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is beginning to appear that this might not been a random shooting as once thought. EVERY National Guardsmen in uniform was shot. There is some though that this person may have been after US soldiers and the others were "targets of opportunity".

The ONLY bad thing with the gunman's death is that we may never know for sure what set him off and what his motive was.

Things like this are just ONE of the reasons that I often carry. Always better to fight back than give up.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I "ALWAYS" Carry whenever I leave the house, I am not going to be someone's victim if I can help it:D

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I "ALWAYS" Carry whenever I leave the house, I am not going to be someone's victim if I can help it:D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAmen brother and sisters! Again, THE ONLY BEST FIRST RESPONDER IS YOURSELF AND ITS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE CARE OF, AND DEFEND YOURSELF IN A BAD SITUATION THE BEST U CAN. It will never be easy, to many variables in a bad situation whether you are armed or not. Just do what u gotta do is all I know to do. Sometimes the Police are nowhere to be found and in reality, the Police cant babysit all of us 24/7 IMHO.:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
NO government at ANY LEVEL can protect 100% of the people from bad things 100% of the time. Only a fool thinks otherwise. I do all I can to insure that I can take care of things my self.