grtting home

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
5 days in kc waiting for a load to start for home but no matter how many times i tell them which is every time they call or put me on a load going the wrong way they cant seem to get it right,this company cant get it right.
Well im going home on my own and as soon as i move there going to offer a load going the other way,i know it .
Panther you nhave enough trks. Stop hiring more your not going to get a bigger share of the market because i see new companys all the time .keep the ones busy that you have and well be happy this week is gggoing nto be less than a 1000 miles its already tues . Out of 6 weeks out ive got 1 over 2200 you could,nt keep an ice tray full .

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
5 days in kc waiting for a load to start for home but no matter how many times i tell them which is every time they call or put me on a load going the wrong way they cant seem to get it right,this company cant get it right.
Well im going home on my own and as soon as i move there going to offer a load going the other way,i know it .
Panther you nhave enough trks. Stop hiring more your not going to get a bigger share of the market because i see new companys all the time .keep the ones busy that you have and well be happy this week is gggoing nto be less than a 1000 miles its already tues . Out of 6 weeks out ive got 1 over 2200 you could,nt keep an ice tray full .

Hate to bust your bubble but Panther's job isn't to get you loads to your house. Sounds like they had plenty of loads, just not the ones going in the direction you wanted. Your personal agenda seems to be a bigger problem rather than whether they have enough loads.
If you have sat for five days, surely that is plenty of time to find a broker gig going the way of your chosing. Of course, you may have to make a few calls to make that happen.
Or...........you could have left for home after you dropped and had nearly a week off already.

Last edited:

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
good luck getting home. Took 4 weeks of asking Panther to get me home to Atlanta for them to finally get me there. I was out a total of 2 months before I went home. I was miserable. I needed a break for a little bit. Had so much stuff to do at home I barely got a break haha.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
I'm assuming that you have put yourself on the hometyme board. Remember the job of dispatch is to get loads covered and moving, this is the same for Panther, Werner, Swift, etc. It is the driver's job to make sure the load goes in that direction. When you got these offers did you bother to ask them if they had a load near where the load emptied to where home is?

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hate to bust your bubble but Panther's job isn't to get you loads to your house. Sounds like they had plenty of loads, just not the ones going in the direction you wanted. Your personal agenda seems to be a bigger problem rather than whether they have enough loads.
If you have sat for five days, surely that is plenty of time to find a broker gig going the way of your chosing. Of course, you may have to make a few calls to make that happen.
Or...........you could have left for home after you dropped and had nearly a week off already.

then why does panther have a get home / back haul extention when you call in i guess thats there to f--k with your head, after one year w panther ive realized that they are not hear to help you get home but 1500 miles is a long way to dead head to get there, when you try to log on to back haul boards ether the pass word does not work or they want you to take a load for nothin panther for sure gets there cut . and yes i do have a different agenda but sitting for 5 days is a long time and you would think that a company that is supposed to find you loads so you can make them money would do so been driven 30 plus yrs more than panther has been in bizz. ive run a lot harder but never have i sat as much as with this comp. tired of talking to 4 people for same load they need to assign dispatchers to a certain amout fo trucks so that that dispatcher can get to know his drivers and how they run.
Now that said so you wont have to listen to me anymore i am looking for another job because this comp. needs to get there head outa the hole behind them i cant even fathem the thought that some of you can kiss that much a-- and tolerat the attitude that panther has we make them not the other way around.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The home time board is IF there is a load going that direction.
Nothing more, and nothing less.
I do agree though on one thing, your best bet is to look at all this from the porch.

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
Well, the thing is, being on Hometyme doesn't mean they'll only send you loads going your way. There's dudes on Hometyme that will take a load going the wrong way just because they can't bear to turn down the miles. They'll offer because they don't know, maybe you'll decide to take it.

you need to go 1500 miles from KC and all the freight goes the wrong way? Wow. Where do you live?

You may just have to accept you're going to have to save money off of each settlement to get home. It ain't their job to get you home. You're an O/O or an IC. That means it's your responsibility. Their job is to cover loads offered to them. they'll do what they can, but they can't conjure loads up out of no where. If there's nothing listed for their backhaul department to hook you up with, then there's nothing. They can't invent freight for you.

Those departments are to help, not ensure. They can't guarantee anything.

Save up off of each settlement so you can move yourself. Or hawk all the load boards. Or wait. Those are really the only 3 options.

Christopher

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
In the 6 years that I have been here at Panther i have never kissed azz i just do my job to the best of my abilities. I do not expect Panther to get me home as a matter of fact in the 6 years they have got me home under a panther load 3 times. If I am far from home I look for backhauls I know they are going to be cheap but I am going home you may have to give up a few bucks. You sat for a week because you didn’t like the rates on backhauls my question is how much did you lose sitting there waiting? Not a very smart move in my book you have been out here for over 30 years you say well that may be the reason that you are having trouble with expediting. This isn’t general freight you aren’t going to have a load 7 days a week if your solo you’re not going to get 2000 mile runs. Get over yourself its expediting we are a LAST CALL for shippers not the first call unless the shipper is always a just in time shipper. That said when I ran general freight I never had rates as high as I get here. Go back to general freight and make that $1.00 per mile with $0.00 deadhead pay and run 3000 to 4000 miles a week. You will lose money but be happier.

dletheridge

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Guys this is not something exclusive to Panther. I had to watch what dispatch/load planners sent to me when it came time to getting home - this applied to SRT, Werner and to Swift.