Gretchen "Granholm" and her Michigan gas tax.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Before she became Governor of Michigan, she had a debate and her opponent said she was going to raise the gas tax by 20 cents. Her response was that the figure was ridiculous. It must have been too low because now she is proposing a 45 cents increase in the gas tax.
Michigan, Gretchen Witmer is another Jennifer Granholm.
Expediters, might as well gas up in another state before you come to Michigan. We are about to get soaked.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to propose 45-cent hike in fuel tax to fund Michigan roads

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Very coy of her to not admit she wanted to raise gas taxes before she was elected. I didn't vote for her, but i could see the appeal she had as a candidate for Governor. I liked Bill Shuette, but he didn't stand much of a chance. But this is horse hockey she is pulling on Michigan. A tell tale sign how devious this is: it's a 6 month incremental tax increase. So that people will get use to the new normal of the high gas prices at the pump. And then sneak another 15 cents in there. And then another 15 cents in there.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very coy of her to not admit she wanted to raise gas taxes before she was elected. I didn't vote for her, but i could see the appeal she had as a candidate for Governor. I liked Bill Shuette, but he didn't stand much of a chance. But this is horse hockey she is pulling on Michigan. A tell tale sign how devious this is: it's a 6 month incremental tax increase. So that people will get use to the new normal of the high gas prices at the pump. And then sneak another 15 cents in there. And then another 15 cents in there.
That’s not including any additional price increases that the oil companies will add to it.

Reactions: muttly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The scuttlebutt around my neighborhood is even left of center Democrats are angry and feeling blindsided.

Where is the recall petition?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Like i said, ........ there are alot of angry Democrats. Doesn't look like a good start to her Governorship.
:mad::mad:

Reactions: muttly

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Minnesota just elected a new governor who's campaign promises included a .20/gallon tax increase. At least he was up front about it. Oh yeah, the state is currently running a $1.2 billion surplus.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Minnesota just elected a new governor who's campaign promises included a .20/gallon tax increase. At least he was up front about it. Oh yeah, the state is currently running a $1.2 billion surplus.
Minnesota was Straightened out by another Out Of The Box Politician a few years back ... Jesse the Body aka The Governor...image_search_1552486435633.jpeg