Green Tea Diet

NightDriver

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Many of those who never saw me at my heaviest can see my driver's license pic to see the astounding difference. I've gone from a ladies size 14 down to a kids size 16...and have stayed there.
Oooooh, yes, please, I'd LOVE to see some proof!

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
I have discovered Lipton diet green tea. 0 calories and decent tasting. And a bottle of this lasts me longer cause I don't like it as much as the regular, a bottle of which I can slug in one go cause its just that yummy.

Last edited:

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Lipton Diet Green Tea

Ingredients:

WATER, CITRIC ACID, GREEN TEA, NATURAL FLAVORS, SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), PHOSPHORIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE AND POTASSIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVE FRESHNESS), ASCORBIC ACID (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), ASPARTAME, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM, CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), CARAMEL COLOR, YELLOW 5, BLUE 1.

Nutrition Facts:
72mg protective flavonoid antioxidants per 8 fl oz serving
108mg protective flavonoid antioxidants per 12 fl oz serving

Serving Size: 8 fl oz

Amount Per Serving
Calories 0 % Daily Value*
px.gif
Total Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 60mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 0g -----------------------------------------------------

Lipton Green Tea Bags (LIPTON 100% Natural Green Tea)

Ingredients:
100% natural green tea.

Nutrition Facts:
190mg of Antioxidants (flavonoid) per serving.

Serving Size: 1 tea bag (2.0g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 0 % Daily Value*
px.gif
Total Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Potassium 20mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 0g 0%

Protein 0g

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I enjoy the cost of bagged green tea too. I think it comes down to about $0.10 to $0.15 a cup, where a bottle of diet soda, which we now drink less of, is much higher in cost. I don't know how much the bottled tea costs that is being discussed here but if it is similar to soda, the green tea diet will save you money.

This diet started working for me when I stopped arguing with it. It requires drinking green tea so I started drinking green tea. Learning to like the drink came later. Why would I drink a drink I dislike? Because I wanted the benefits green tea provides.

Shadowpanda

Seasoned Expediter
I knew that ingredient listing was coming! :D I have no philosophical opposition to brewing my own tea. I do so all the time at home. But my truck has no microwave and somehow I just don't see myself walking across the fuel aisle back to my truck with a tea cup and saucer in one hand.

However a possible solution occurs. Aren't there 12 volt thermos type water heaters that people use for coffee? Seems like I might have seen one somewhere. On the other hand I spent over two flipping hours just driving the eastern 2/3rds of Chicago today and its entirely possible I'm hallucinating the whole thing.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Why does tea have food coloring in it?

Aspartame?

Stay away from that.

I knew that ingredient listing was coming!

......This diet started working for me when I stopped arguing with it. It requires drinking green tea so I started drinking green tea. Learning to like the drink came later. Why would I drink a drink I dislike? Because I wanted the benefits green tea provides.

The bottled stuff just isn't green tea no matter how much it tries, or wants to be, or tells you it is. Companies are simply doing the American thing and capitalizing on green tea's popularity and the public's increased health consciousness. The bottled stuff is the new coke. It doesn't have the natural benefits of green tea because it isn't green tea. Dieting aside, there are reportedly piles of benefits to drinking the real stuff. The bottled stuff may be the lesser of two evils when compared with coke, but it's still not green tea.

I am one of those people who likes orange pekoe tea but it has to have milk added or I'd rather have nothing, and I like my 'double-doubles' at Tim Horton's, no way am I drinking coffee black. Green tea is different, and I also learned to like it. It might take a few times forcing oneself to drink it before one moves over to the other side of actually liking it, but it won't take that long!

I believe some of the expediters here make big bottles/jugs of it while using the kettle and electrical resources at truckstops, and then drink it whenever they want during their trips, hot or cold, it's good both ways. Of course, porta potties are good things to have, but that's another topic :D

Wingnut

Seasoned Expediter
SHADOWPANDA: you can easily make the tea without having to use a microwave. Take a bottle of water and put 1 or 2 tea bags in it then set it on your dash. The heat from the sun will warm up the bottle and "brew" it for you after a few hours. One of the "secrets" to the green tea diet is to make the tea as strong as you can tolerate it. The longer you leave the bag(s) in the water, the stronger it gets. I make mine the night before. That way it has all night to "brew" and get strong.

droidbabe

Seasoned Expediter
I knew that ingredient listing was coming! :D I have no philosophical opposition to brewing my own tea. I do so all the time at home. But my truck has no microwave and somehow I just don't see myself walking across the fuel aisle back to my truck with a tea cup and saucer in one hand.

However a possible solution occurs. Aren't there 12 volt thermos type water heaters that people use for coffee? Seems like I might have seen one somewhere. On the other hand I spent over two flipping hours just driving the eastern 2/3rds of Chicago today and its entirely possible I'm hallucinating the whole thing.

There are definitely 12-volt water heaters. Brands don't come to mind, but a google search should produce results.
As far as Chicago, I'm there pretty regularly and I always hate the traffic. I prefer to drive through at night, if possible.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I need a drink of something after reading all that data. Jack and tea sounds good. just kid n.