Green Eggs and Ham

witness23

Veteran Expediter
For twenty one hours this guy ranted, raved and demanded the Senate to defund the Affordable Healthcare Act, for twenty one hours he did this. He even read from Dr. Seuss' "Green Eggs and Ham" to his kids that were watching (awww how sweet). For your viewing pleasure:

How ironic he chose to read from that particular Dr. Seuss book, quite hilarious actually. The moral of the story is that ..... you may think you hate something, because you've never tried it before, but if you just try it, you may discover that you love it.

That's actually not the best thing that came out of all this. After twenty one hours of telling everyone how bad the ACA is going to be for America and the Senate should vote to defund it, what does Mr. Cruz do? He votes with Democrats and every single Republican to do what he just spent twenty one hours of telling them not to do, and votes to fund the Government, including the ACA.

100 to 0 were the votes. Sam I am, indeed.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
He didn't stand there for 21 hours to shut down the government, he did it to make a point, which a lot of people missed.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Mr. Cruz: "A yes vote on cloture is a vote for Obamacare".

Votes in the Senate - 100-0.

If the final tally were 99-1, I would agree, to a certain point, that he was trying to make a point.

Last edited:

witness23

Veteran Expediter
He didn't stand there for 21 hours to shut down the government, he did it to make a point, which a lot of people missed.

If his point was to show the American people how much of an idiot he is, I'd say he accomplished it.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I would agree. I don't think that was his point, though.

His point was to focus the eyes of Washington and the nation on the fact that Obamacare has failed. Its own authors have admitted the implementation has been a train wreck, and one by one, every promise spun to the American people about this law has unraveled. Those who can get past Dr. Seuss are able to see it.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If they were smart, they would let it go through so there is no government shutdown, but in the process, strip out all the waivers. Most would be tough publicly to defend.
If nothing else, it would provide cheap entertainment watching them trying to explain it.
But regardless of what happens, I agree, Obamacare is a total train wreck.

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Cruz is NOT an idiot. Curious about all the vitriol towards him from both sides. You would think he would get more love from the OP author. He stands for the constitution, the republican establishment thinks he's a menace. He was one of the calmer voices with the Syrian episode. Cruz stood all those hours because he has principles and believes Obama Care will bankrupt this country.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
I would agree. I don't think that was his point, though.

His point was to focus the eyes of Washington and the nation on the fact that Obamacare has failed. Its own authors have admitted the implementation has been a train wreck, and one by one, every promise spun to the American people about this law has unraveled. Those who can get past Dr. Seuss are able to see it.

Sorry, but the American people and those in the Senate did not need Mr. Cruz' rendition of "Green Eggs and Ham" on the Senate floor to bring attention to the ACA. It was a colassal waste of time and taxpayers money.

If he really wanted to make a point and to show some integrity, he would've voted: No. But he didn't. And in the end we are no more focused on the ACA then we were before this guy started showing his *ss in front of everyone. All this guy is doing, is stoking his base to fleece more rubes of their hard earned money for his campaign fund.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Cruz stood all those hours because he has principles and believes Obama Care will bankrupt this country.

Mr. Cruz: "A yes vote on cloture is a vote for Obamacare".

Votes in the Senate - 100-0.

Pay special attention to the final tally above.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Can't get past Dr. Seuss, I see.

There is nothing else to take out of his non-filibuster filibuster, than his reading of Dr. Seuss, sorry.

He hasn't accomplished anything, other than placing the spotlight soley on himself which is now blowing up in his face, or quite possibly this is what he wanted all along, the spotlight on him. All anyone is talking about is his reading of a child's book and the fool that he is making of himself and those that support him. He isn't taken seriously, but for a few Republicans in the House which probably only makes up about 3% of the nations constituents.

Did I mention he voted "Yes" for Obamacare.

witness23

Veteran Expediter
Cruz is NOT an idiot. Curious about all the vitriol towards him from both sides. You would think he would get more love from the OP author. He stands for the constitution, the republican establishment thinks he's a menace. He was one of the calmer voices with the Syrian episode. Cruz stood all those hours because he has principles and believes Obama Care will bankrupt this country.

Don't you feel like Cruz threw you under the bus?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Don't you feel like Cruz threw you under the bus?

Not at all. Again getting beyond the green eggs and ham, this Cruz fellow should be your kind of guy. Have you seen all the republicans who dislike him? Can you move beyond him having an R by his name? Or do you dislike him only because you fear he will resonate with more and more people so you bring up green eggs and ham because that's all you got?