Great Lakes Convoy for a Cure!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
This Saturday is the Great Lakes Convoy for a Cure. This is a truck convoy and motorcycle ride to raise awareness for women’s cancer. Load One is very proud to be a part of this event and a sponsor. To help raise money for this event we are putting together the following:

Tomorrow we will offer a jean day for $5 per person. It would also be great if people wore pink or ribbons and items in support of this great cause.

We will also be postponing our normal card game. We will start selling 50/50 tickets with the convoy being the beneficiary. We will draw a winner on Friday.

At this point we have two units participating in the event, #248 Nick and Jenny and #3067 Susie. Jenny is helping to organize the event and is a cancer survivor herself.

It would be great if anyone is interested in participating or attending the event as well. I apologize for the short notice. I have been a bit behind with all of last weeks driver appreciation events and travel.

Terri will be collecting the jean money and we will start selling raffle tickets tomorrow.

For more information and details: Convoy > Home

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Great week. Between fundraising and the company we were able to make a $1000 donation to the Convoy and a $500 donation to the Fish and Loaves Food Pantry. Thanks everyone!

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Just spent the last four hours making.decorations for the van and a friends truck

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I've been registered and planning to go for months, and the peerless dispatchers even got me a load that delivered yesterday in Detroit. But it got hijacked - the shipper loaded it on another carrier's truck an hour before I got there. :mad:
Now I'm waiting to pick one up for Atlanta, instead - just can't afford to DH from Milwaukee. I hope to see some good photos, it sounds like a good time.[I've never been before]
PS Not sure if Susie's going to make it, either - her first week at Load 1 was not a real good one, [which happens anywhere - no one can just make loads appear, we know that], and she can't afford to DH either.
Times like this are when expediting is a tough way to make a living - we have to miss the events and people and things we'd love to do, but it's the choice we made, and it can't be helped.
Thanks to John and everyone who helps in a good cause. :)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
I seen the FB post on the "Pink / Jeans" day at Load 1 and the #'s that were raised!! Congrats and thanks to Load 1 and all that made the donations for both organizations possible!! :)