got van lookn 4 a job in the carolinas

windjamer

Seasoned Expediter
:cool::cool:hello,I have CDL-A ,HAZMAT,EXCELLANT DRIVER RECORD2yrs> EXP. over the road.I am currently leasing to own a truck thats allways costing me thousands in the garage as of now blown headgasket,6000 bucks.Sick of it so i bought a 06 ford e-350 1ton diesal van 45000 miles.Looking for expedite company i can drive for in the carolinas.Anyone recomend a good company ? call me 803 860 4357 [email protected] thanks.

Last edited:

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Panther is a good starter company in my opinion. They take on people with no experience. Keep ya busy pretty much all the time.

Mike99

Veteran Expediter
Panther is a good starter company in my opinion. They take on people with no experience. Keep ya busy pretty much all the time.

You must be kidding with the ''Keep ya busy pretty much all the time''....And Bolt....their rates are very low....

guido4475

Not a Member
:cool::cool:hello,I have CDL-A ,HAZMAT,EXCELLANT DRIVER RECORD2yrs> EXP. over the road.I am currently leasing to own a truck thats allways costing me thousands in the garage as of now blown headgasket,6000 bucks.Sick of it so i bought a 06 ford e-350 1ton diesal van 45000 miles.Looking for expedite company i can drive for in the carolinas.Anyone recomend a good company ? call me 803 860 4357 [email protected] thanks.

I would recommend All-State Express if you want to lease on with a North Carolina company.Call Tim Brown in recruiting at 877-pickup-5 and see what he has to say.

As far as youre van goes, you have the 6.0 diesel in it.Go to powerstrokehelp.com to learn more about youre engine, and what can be expected from it.This guy knows his stuff.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
even with your repairs on that tractor,you bottom line pay ,end of year will be more than a van.Your over the road experience wont matter when it comes to operating a van or sprinter.Expedite is a different ball game than truck load.
If your determined,all the expedite companies do a big business in the Carolinas.Don't just check with one of them.Take your toime thinking about it,and remember mosty recruiters would make very good car salesmen.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter

I gotta recruitment e-mail from them today. TALK ABOUT FEE'S.
I bet someone with a sprinter and those fees looking at 1500 a month just to turn the key.:eek:

jugbutt

Seasoned Expediter
even with your repairs on that tractor,you bottom line pay ,end of year will be more than a van.Your over the road experience wont matter when it comes to operating a van or sprinter.Expedite is a different ball game than truck load.
If your determined,all the expedite companies do a big business in the Carolinas.Don't just check with one of them.Take your toime thinking about it,and remember mosty recruiters would make very good car salesmen.

I beg to differ! I know I could do the job in a van and when they what exp. you have ? I tell them and well we need 6mo. so how do you get it without a break. JUST CAN"T GET A BREAK TO PROVE MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wannatruck

Seasoned Expediter
That seems to be the way they all are anymore. They all want exp, which leaves us newbies out in the cold, because we can't get it. Catch 22 as it were. They want experience we can't get because they all want experience. The only way around it is to jump in head first, usually into the shallow end and buy a van/sprinter and get our own authority. Even THEN......they want experience.......whats a newb to do?

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
Panther takes on people with no experience except tractor trailer.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
There are a few carriers who will take people with little or no experience, but there are a few things you need to consider.

1. You don't have to limit yourself to a carrier based where you live. While a few carriers might have a small customer base near their home terminal, most expedite carriers are getting nationwide freight these days from multiple sources including brokers, 3PLs, etc. You can live in North Carolina and drive for a carrier out of Kansas, etc. Maybe it mattered more several years ago, but now with a lot of the freight coming from 3PLs, most of the freight is accessible to carriers based all over the country.

2. Don't call it a job. If you own the van, you're not an employee, the carrier won't hire you, and they can't fire you. You are an independent contractor. The carrier can offer you a contract and they can terminate the contract, but it's not a hiring and firing for a job kind of thing. That's just my pet peeve.

3. Look at the fees people are charging. Different carriers will take different amounts, whether it's for qualcomm, escrow, etc. You need to look at a few things besides just the pay and any kind of promise to keep you busy. Sometimes things are just plain slow and it doesn't matter which carrier you're with. A lot depends on the decisions you make. If you keep taking loads to lousy areas and then you sit for a couple days, that's not your carrier's fault. No carrier can guarantee you a certain amount of miles or a certain amount of money. The only guarantees we make is that we'll try our darndest to book loads and we'll pay drivers for what they run. You can increase your chances of getting more miles by decreasing the size of your "I won't go there" list, but there are no guarantees in this business.