Got I-Phone? You're being tracked!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Congress and the FCC is now looking into it, so we'll get some answers soon.

Meanwhile, the Michigan State Police are all giddy.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Its the black helicopters!

Seriously, I can see DOT wanting to access it, if they see the driver has an iphone.

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
YOU will be ASSIMILATED!

Took me two minutes to figure out how to spell assimilated, and I cheated then.

jimmy

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
Its the black helicopters!

Seriously, I can see DOT wanting to access it, if they see the driver has an iphone.

Dale

The upside is, you have to download that program to actually make sense of the data. Most of what Apple does in the backups is jibberish to mere mortals. DOT using it would involve a tech guy...lol

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
The upside is, you have to download that program to actually make sense of the data. Most of what Apple does in the backups is jibberish to mere mortals. DOT using it would involve a tech guy...lol

You forgot one thing. "AND A COURT ORDER".:D

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just like the loyalty cards... "hey, can I see your phone?"

That one, at least, is easy to avoid: use a Bluetooth, and if a LEO approaches your vehicle, toss the phone somewhere behind, out of reach. He can't 'suspect' you of text messaging [the reason they offer for asking to see the phone] if you can't reach it while driving. :)

Dale

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
lol I had verizon shut off the tex message feature on my phone

So they definitely won't find any texts, but do you think they'll accept your word for it? I think they'll want to look at the phone to verify it, and once they have it, they will also check for calls made while driving [logged or presumed] and if you're in a hands-free state, uh oh!